♙ // scene four

' but- ' the now former general mahamatra cut himself off

' men, go search for the blink. we will arrest her at once, ' the leader turned to his army. they all said "yes sir" at the same time and split up to look around the area.

' if you were going to arrest her anyway, why couldn't i do it? ' cyno spoke, crossing his arms.

' oh, child, ' the sage lowered his voice before turning around back to the ex general. ' you simply don't understand. you're a threat to the akademiya. '

cyno furrowed his brows. ' and? '

' the higher-ups needed some way to, say, get rid of you, ' he continued. ' they offered me a good chunk of mora to get the dirt on my hands. '

' you... ' cyno's fists dropped to his side. he was angry now. ' bribing is strictly against the rules. '

' oh, those measly things? ' the sage teased. ' cyno, there's something you have to get used to as a growing boy:

' the rich get richer. '

cyno's fist pummeled straight into the sage's skull without warning. this alerted all of the warriors the sage had brought with him. they got ready for a fight.

he summoned his polearm once again.

' son of a whore! ' the sage screamed from the sand, covering his broken, bleeding nose.

' there was no logical, legal reason to keep me from arresting the blink, ' cyno spoke. ' in fact, it's my job as general mahamatra to make sure she sees punishment. '

' you were given orders to not pursue this case from your commander, ' the sage's voice was muffled from his hand over his face.

cyno punched the sage again. ' through me, justice is served. '

all of the warriors now charged in cyno's direction. he braced himself for a fight as he watched the sage scurry for his life, leaving his men behind. what a scumbag.

𓄼 𓄹

cyno dusted his hands off then the same to his clothes. he passed all the unconscious bodies he had just knocked out to grab his cloak that had flown off during the battle.

if that sage hadn't revealed all his cards to cyno, he probably would just live his life normally from now on in the desert like he had when he was young. but now that he knows of the lies and hypocrisy the akademiya approves of, not even to mention the crimes they commit that have no consequences, he's not going to let that slide.