♙ // scene one

(y/n) popped open the safe using her trusty bobby pin she always kept in her (h/c) hair

(y/n) popped open the safe using her trusty bobby pin she always kept in her (h/c) hair. she quickly snagged all the mora and tucked it into her drawstring bag, tugging it closed tight.

she quietly closed the safe and shoved it back under the bed where she found it. she hopped to the open window sill where she had entered the house from when—

' HEY! '

she turned around, her signature black cloak decorated in blue water droplets laying perfectly over her head.

shit.

' WHAT'RE YOU DOING?! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! ' the man who owned the place screamed.

' duh, you're one of the sages, ' she pulled her mask up over her nose and faced the man, perched on the sill like a bird. ' do you know who i am, though? '

' a filthy criminal! ' he started shaking, trying to sound intimidating. ' i'll have you know that if you jump from that window and run, you'll be facing the wrath of the akademiya! '

' eh, they've been on my back since the day i was born sweetcheeks, ' (y/n) shrugged and tilted her head.

the man paused and studied the girl for a few seconds. ' wait.. that cloak..

' don't tell me you're— '

with the snap of her fingers (y/n)'s body melted into water and spilled all over the floor and the window sill, leaving not a trace of evidence anywhere.

just water.

a whole person, gone in the blink of an eye.

𓄼 𓄹

' big sis (y/n)! '

the kids all swarmed around the girl upon entering aaru village.

' hello everyone! ' (y/n) lowered her hood and bent down to the children's level. they all wanted to give her hugs and talk about the day they've had.

' did you bring us some food today? ' one of the children asked the question everyone was thinking.

' sure did! ' the thief pulled out her bag that was full of the finest fruits she could find from the rainforests of sumeru. ' and i got a sack full or mora for your parents. '

the kids all celebrated with a commemorative "yay!" upon hearing the news.

(y/n) was nationally known for three things. one: her swift motif and getaways, thanks to her hydro vision, which have earned her the alias "the blink". two: her robin-hood-like crimes of stealing from the rich to give to the poor, mainly being the people of the great red sand.

and three, the most petty of them all: being the biggest thorn in the akademiya's side she can be.

most people in the city of sumeru are supporters of the akademiya. (y/n) on the other hand sees through all of their hypocrisy and lies.

and she sure as hell will do everything in her power to expose theirs.

' (y/n)! you're back so soon? ' a familiar voice approached the crowd of celebrating children.

the thief stood up after giving the bag of fruit to the children to scurry off with and eat. ' candace! '

the two girls hugged for a few seconds, then went back into conversation.

' i had to flee early this time, the guy i was robbing saw me so the matra will be on high alert, ' (y/n) explained herself. ' those damn sumpter beasts. '

candace laughed. ' maybe if you weren't robbing rich and powerful people you wouldn't have to deal with them. '

' you know how it is candi, they don't give us shit, they don't care for us beyond the wall. '

' im aware, i'm just teasing you. even if you were robbing average people, the general mahamatra would still be on the lookout for you. '

' when is he not? '

the girls shared a laugh. they had been friends ever since childhood and had just about the exact same political beliefs, both acted as they saw fit, and no one questioned them.

after all, you don't want to get on either's bad side.

𓄼 𓄹

' describe her appearance to the best of your ability, don't spare a single detail. '

the general mahamatra stood in the doorway of the sage who had just recently filed a robbery report. he was leaning against a pillar on the porch of the house, crossing his arms.

' w-well, she had a young woman like voice, ' he starred. ' probably around 20 years of age? although she seemed very immature. '

' go on, ' the general encouraged.

' she wore a black mask and a black cloak, the latter of which was sprinkled with blue raindrop like shapes. she had (s/c) skin and i could see a few (h/c) hairs peaking out under the hood.

' she also had a dark (f/c) boots and brown pants and shirt. ' he stated.

' her escape was also everything people say it's like, ' the sage continued, crossing his arms, trying to remember exactly what he had witnessed. ' she snapped her fingers and it's as if you had dropped a large stone into a body of water. i-i saved some of the water from the splash if you can take it and run some- '

' is that all? ' the anubis questioned and stood up straight.

' oh, y-yes, i believe s.... ' mid sentence, the general turned to walk away. ' uh, e-excuse me? '

not a word slipped from his lips as he vanished into the distance.