♙ // scene five

' i'd like you to join me in overthrowing the sages, ' cyno said, having a much harder time saying that than he thought he'd have

(y/n) batted her eyes, then gave him a blank stare. ' goodnight. '

' wait, ' as she was shutting the door, he grabbed the edge and pulled it all the way open.

' if we succeed, you'll have influence over the new laws, ' he tried to convince her. ' you can make your ideal sumeru. '

' you do realize you just tried to kill me earlier, correct? ' she placed her hands on her hips.

' because you've been terrorizing the akademiya for the passed two years, ' he crossed his arms. ' you do realize that it's my job to bring you to justice, correct? '

' you asshole, ' she rolled her eyes and put her hand on the door handle, the other placed on the doorframe. ' look, i'll sleep on it. i've had one hell of a day all thanks to you and im exhausted. come back in the morning. '

cyno smirked. ' see you then, blink. '

' later, dog. '

𓄼 𓄹

(y/n) woke up with a nice stretch, reminiscing on the best nights sleep she's had in a while. she got up to make her tea, then sat outside in her front porch to people watch.

the birds were singing, the flowers were blooming, everyone was smiling and laughing, everything was perfect.

the morning was so nice it seemed as if the anemo archon himself was playing morning mood by edvard grieg from the beautiful cerulean sky above.

until he showed up.

' BOO! '

a flash of purple blinded the poor girl, causing her to scream and fall backwards out of her chair.

she looked up and saw the boy she had been hating more than usual lately standing in front of her, lightly giggling.

' whore, ' (y/n) groaned and propped herself up with the chair.

' good morning, ' cyno helped himself to (y/n)'s outdoor patio furniture. he sat on the chair and placed his feet on her table, probably just to annoy her.

' now i see why the akademiya wanted you gone, you're a pain in the ass, ' (y/n) pulled her hair to distract herself from the headache he was causing her already.

' you're one to talk, ' he rested his head on his hands. ' purposely robbing rich sages just to be petty. '

' i wouldn't have to if you'd give the desert just some attention and care instead of using it as a trash can for unwanted students, ' she fired her shots.

cyno went silent for a second. that one hit close to home.

he lowered his feet from the table. ' i assume you're more aware of the crimes occurring inside the akademiya. '

' woah woah woah i never agreed to help you, ' (y/n) furrowed her eyebrows.

' you will, this opportunity is exactly what you want and you know that damn well, ' he glared at her.

' ... ' she stayed silent. he got her there.

cyno grinned victoriously. ' anyway, we need to cooperate and come up with a plan. '

' wow, when did captain obvious arrive? '

' we need to better your combat skills. '

' last time i checked i was kicking your ass yesterday. '

' had i gotten five more seconds you would have been dead. '

' awwe too bad daddy came to tell you it's bed time hmm? '

' you're hilarious. '

cyno sighed. this was going to be a lot more difficult than he would've liked.

' i'll be needing a place to hide out. if anyone finds out that we're working together, they'll surely come for us, ' cyno folded his hands. ' especially since you're a wanted criminal. '

' what about candace's home? she can protect you, ' (y/n) shrugged her shoulders. she was going to suggest everyone's house except her own.

' too risky, she might cause a scene, ' cyno looked off into the streets of aaru village. ' i could stay here with y— '

' OR dehya can keep you hidden, ' she cut him off.

' her loyalty lies with the highest bidder, ' cyno pinched the bridge of his nose. ' she can be paid for information. '

' what about the bar? '

' too many people are in and out of the bar every day. '

' ... ' she awaited the inevitable.

' the safest place is your house, ' he said, earning an immediate sigh from the girl.

' yeah yeah, ' she hurried her face in her hands. ' you're sleeping on the floor though, i don't want your nasty dog hairs on my furniture. '