♘ // holiday special

sooo quick, once again this doesn't really fit in the point of the main plot, like this is further in the future probably

and if you don't celebrate christmas, feel absolutely free to switch "merry christmas" with your preferred holiday greeting!!

' aaaaand... done! ' (y/n) stared at her newly decorated house, proud of her work. she saw cyno sitting on the floor leaning against the couch from the corner of her eye and sighed. ' no thanks to you. '

' festivities are pointless when we have a bigger problem on our hands, ' the boy huddled his knees close to his chest.

' okay, grinch, ' she physically retorted with 100% sass.

' look, candace and dehya are coming over to celebrate, ' she paced over to where he was sitting and plopped down next to him. ' just try not to ruin the mood, akay? '

' no promises, ' cyno gave her the side eye.

(y/n) rolled her eyes and lightly punched his shoulder. ' you ass. '

not long after, a knock was heard at the door. the duo perked up, anticipating their new guests. (y/n) stood up and opened the door to reveal candace and dehya holding gifts wrapped in palm tree leaves. ' merry christmas! '

' merry christmas!! ' (y/n) pulled the two girls into one big hug, their gifts getting squished between them.

' come in come in! ' she opened the door wider for them to enter. they noticed cyno on the floor, who gave them a cold glare. dehya furrowed her brows and candace tried to smile at him, but it came out more like an "ew" face.

they all sat on the rug with their gifts and some warm tea—except dehya. dehya had a beer.

' so, presents, ' (y/n) seemed a little too giddy, despite being fully sober. ' who wants to go first? '

' presents are a waste of mora, ' cyno spoke plainly. ' there's no- '

' how about candace! ' (y/n) covered cynos mouth with her hand to shut him up.

' o-oh, okay, ' candace put her cup on the coffee table and her hands in her lap as the other two girls handed her their gifts for her.

(y/n)'s consisted of a furr coat that she can wear during the very few cold days in the village. dehya made her a lumpy clay vase that she can put flowers in.

' awwwe! thank you guys! ' she smiled, content with her gifts. ' you're all so thoughtful! '

(≧◡≦) ♡

' bye bye! be safe! ' (y/n) waved out the door as her friends' bodies turned into silhouettes in the distance.

she shut the door with a big smile on her face. this was the happiest she'd been in a long time—cyno wasn't exactly the funniest person to be around. speaking of, she looked around for cyno, but couldn't find him anywhere. sometime during the celebration he had snuck off somewhere.

then, through a glimmer of moonlight, she saw him outside on the back porch staring at the night sky.

' hey buddy 'ol chap, ' she blinked beside the boy, startling him a little bit.

' hi, ' he looked at the girl who was captivated by the beauty of the moon.

he watched as the starlight danced in her eyes, every little glimmer fluttering off her batting lashes. her (h/l) hair swayed with the chilly breeze as the cold color on her cheeks and nose grew pinker and pinker. he felt his heart beating faster and faster with every second he caught himself, well, captivated by the beauty of the girl.

there was so much he wanted to tell her in that moment. he wanted to tell her how pretty she was. he wanted to tell her he loved the way she looked at him. he wanted to tell her she meant the absolute world to him. he wanted to pour his heart out to her, but all that came out was a simple:

' merry christmas, (y/n). '

the girl giggled. ' merry christmas, cyno. '

extra:- cyno's gift was the privilege to sleep on the couch

extra:
- cyno's gift was the privilege to sleep on the couch. just this one night, though.

- dehya is bad at pottery but she couldn't think of anything else to give candace (she's one of those "i don't care what you get me"), plus she's broke.

- (y/n) stole candace's gift from the wife of one of the akademiya scholars.