𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚. 𝙞 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Start from the beginning

My eyes were now slightly open, wearily watching them stand & bicker like mice in the middle of the pod.

"Aonung this is not good! we need to tell mother" she grabbed his hand.

"No! not mom, please! i promise i wont come near her ever again!" he pleaded.

"You that earlier in the day, how can i believe you now?" she asked him.

"I-i.. i don't know.." he said as his head hung low.

Tsireya took a moment to observe her brother's behaviour & how the words couldn't come out of his mouth. He stood there in silence, waiting for his sister to give him a scolding or run out to snitch on him to their parents.

"You care about her don't you?" she cupped her brother's cheek.

He then lets out a deep sigh,
"I do. I don't know why, but i do. It feels like torment that she's not mine to love, but for some reason i just want to protect her with my life.." he said, grabbing his sister's hand.

Her ears flattened to her brother's heart felt statement & i can only assume that she has never seen this side of him before. She immediately hugged him, reassuring him that everything was going to be okay. That i was okay.

"H-hey guys?" i slowly sat myself up.

"Vi no! lie down sweetie, you need rest tonight" Tsireya rushed over to me.

Aonung grabbed a piece of dry cloth from the pile of random things i stored at the corner, sitting down beside me to wipe the sweat on my forehead. He apologised repeatedly in a soft tone, almost sounding like he was going to tear up-

".. -didn't mean for any of this to happen" he mumbled to himself.

As traumatising as the dream was, i had to put that aside because it wasn't real. It will never happen & i know, Aonung is not that man.

"But Vi-..*sigh* the things i did & said to you in rut was-"

"Ao, don't apologise anymore okay? & you don't have to stay away from me. Things just happened not because you had ill intentions, but because it was out of our control. & i can't blame you for that" i said, lowering his hand.

"I forgive you" i placed my palm to his heart.

"You're not a bad person Aonung" i added.

His brows unconsciously raised, tears welling up in his eyes as words of my perception on him continued. He pursed his lips & puts his palm over my hand,

"Thank you Violet.. for seeing the good in me after everything" he said with finally a smile that is not menacing.

We then looked up to the left, Tsireya was already balling to her brother's remorse. The 3 of us chuckled & agreed to put the things that happened behind us to carry on a peaceful life at the Metkayina. Till im able to travel at least.

*ೃ༄

The next few days, i was up on my feet alongside the siblings. Mentoring Mira & the girls in the morning, chatting with Tonowari for lunch, learning how to braid with the children, diving for shells with Tsireya, joking around with Aonung & Rotxo before dinner & of course staying on Ronal's good side.

Everyone was inviting when i walked by, teaching me new things every moment they got with me. I finally felt accepted in a foreign place & it almost made me feel like this home will be somewhat permanent if i decide to raise my baby here.

--

The children ran into my hut as Tsireya & i were sewing some shells onto our new chest pieces. Still dripping from their afternoon diving session with their older siblings, i told them the sit with Tsireya as i retrieved some cut out dry cloths from the corner.