𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚

Neteyam called out to the night sky for his ikran as soon we exited the mountain forest, he carried me bridal style to put me on his ikran's back & i flinched at the burn from Lauako's torture.

"Please my love let me go back to get the medicine.." he waited for my permission with tears forming in his eyes, i shook my head as i could barely talk after my final shriek when i made my first kill.

We couldn't risk any more hunters lurking, we're too weak to even walk let alone fight.

Neteyam faced down as he grips my hand & took a deep breath, "okay my love, but my father told us to stay away from Hometree.. where else can we go?" he asks trying to put on a brave face.

I cup his cheek & pointed at the opposite direction of the forest, my link unit. Then i pointed at my headset & signed 'guardian' to Neteyam, which meant Norm.

He nodded & got up on his ikran, i lay my head on his back & felt the wind embracing my undone hair. Deep down i knew that Neteyam wasn't taking this too well, unable to see his family, the only safe pod destroyed, watching his mate constantly getting severely hurt.

Neteyam was hiding his pain from me but i could hear my mighty warrior breaking down on his ikran. I caressed his muscular chest & hummed the melody that previously calmed me & his sisters down.

"My mighty warrior.. i love you." i let the wind take my words as i kissed his back.

I felt his ikran jerked for a split second & i opened my eyes, Neteyam landed his ikran somewhere flat but still far from the facility.

"D..did you just say what i think you did?" he asks anxiously, turning around to reach out for my cheeks. I looked at him shyly & recollected my thoughts, i nodded my head at the blushing man & a smile grew on his face.

He crashed his lips onto mine & we shared a passionate kiss. This one felt different from the others, but similar to when he asked me to be his.

"I love you too Violet Pierce" he whispered into my ears with his fingers tracing up my arm.

Placing a soft kiss on my forehead, he turns back around to face the clouds "Now lets bring you back to Norm & please don't strain your voice anymore okay my love?" he asks as i chuckled into his back.

I forgot how long the trip was just to get to the other side. But the minute we landed, both Dr Patel & the pilot busted out with their masks on & rifles.
"Jesus!.. Hah! you scared us Ms pierce!" the pilot rolled his eyes back in relief as soon as he recognised our silhouettes.

"No, something's wrong with her" Dr Patel immediately taking notice of my weary body language, signalling at Neteyam to bring me into the facility.

Neteyam hesitant & afraid to take me to my guardian in this state, he took a step back to hide their view of me. Realising his nervousness by his tail, i tucked his braids behind his ear & kissed his temple, reassuring him that it would be fine.

He carried me in as Dr Patel hung masks around us to avoid breathing in human air, "please, s..she's bleeding doctor, please help her" Neteyam pleaded with shaky voice.

Seconds after, Norm rushed out to the scene & his eyes almost popped out as he caught a glimpse of Neteyam's arm & torso covered in my blood.

Dr Patel & the pilot quickly pushed 2 surgical tables together as Neteyam carefully placed me to the side on a large operating table cover. Norm was speechless as he dragged himself towards us, "What.. the fuck happened to my daughter?!"

& that was the first time Norm referred to me as his own kid, making everyone's head turn. Tears exploded down my cheeks as the the pain was too much to bear. Neteyam slowly backed away as Papa bear Norm attended to my back,