Chapter 19

I walked into the house again. "Hey Esther, did I just see Zain with your sweater on?" mom asked. "Yea, his were dirty." "Why?" mom asked and crossed her arms. If mom crosses her arms, it's serious. I were in trouble.

I shrugged. "You skipped with him? Didn't you?" she questioned. "How did you know?" I mumbled staring at the floor.

"School was chaotic today." I said. No way I would say more. She already knew the most. I knew it. I faked a yawn and walked up the stairs.

I still had Zain's contact. "Hi" I sent. Hopefully would get a response. "Hey."  It  stod.
"Mom found out I skipped with you."
"Typical, they're obviously talking with each other." he replied.
"Definitely."

I heard steps. I frantically hided my phone in my pillowcase. Since I've been here they never found my hiding spot. Lucky me.
"Esther, get ready for bed." mom said.  I sighed. Of course someone had to use the toilet before me. I tapped my fingers in patiently.

Theo walked outside and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and walked in. It was water everywhere. I did my business and walked out.

I tucked myself into the blanket. This time it were cold. A window were still open. I sighed but didn't bother to close it.

I snuggled into the blanket further. No way I could sleep now. Mom knew it. She knew I had skipped. I exhaled.

I opened my phone, checked the volume. I were not gonna risk playing music loud this time. I turned off the Bluetooth and got the Ear Pods in.
It was quite uncomfortable, but better safe than sorry. I hated how I could hear the wind outside.

I stood up and could feel the floor against my foot. It were cold. I walked towards the window and reached for the handle.

I felt like I saw someone outside. I did not. It was a shadow from a tree. Hopefully. I closed the window and walked back to my bed. I were awake. Could never fall asleep. I closed my eyes.

I got disturbed by a knock after scrolling thru many apps. I turned around and saw the clock showing 2am. I rubbed my eyes and sneaked down stairs. I carefully looked out the window.

A flashlight were there. "What the fuck." I mumbled. I sat down by the window to hide myself.
It felt like my heart was in my throat. Another knock came.

"Esther?" the voice whispered. My heart sank. I could recognize that voice everywhere. I was not sure whatever I should do. "Rose got hurt in an accident, please open the door." the voice were on the urge of crying. It was Aspen. He were pleading to come inside.

"What happened?" I asked without opening the door. We were talking thru the window. "Please let us in." Aspen were nearly crying. I could hear it in his voice.  "My parents are home, so we got to be quiet. Promise?" I said.

"I promise." Aspen said. I silently opened the door. Not sure if it was the right thing to do. My eyes widened when I saw Rose. "Oh my gosh." I said suprised. "Why haven't you gone to the emergency service yet?" I asked. "No one could drive us and Rose's network is bad.

"Shut up." Rose mumbled. I covered my mouth and giggled  sneakily of Rose's comment. "I will call the ambulance for you. You definitely need stitches. I opened my phone and walked outside the house. No way I would wake up my parents for this chaotic thing.

I heard Rose yawn. "How did it happen?" I asked before calling. Aspen answered. "Knife accident." Aspen said confidently. We all were in our pajamas. Nothing else. I called the emergency service. This shit.

"Welcome, how can I help?" the operator asked. "Hi, I am Esther, my friend got hurt by a knife accident." I said. "Where are you?" the operator questioned. I said my adress. "Thank you Esther, we will send an ambulance shortly. Keep your friend warm in the meantime." the operator said and finished the call.

"Ambulance is on the way." I say and walked inside my house. After five minutes I saw the ambulance around the corner. "That was fast." I mumbled.

"Let's get outside" I said while grabbing a blanket for Rose. She smiled. "Thank you Esther." she said.