Chapter 18

We walked away from the table. My moms phone rang. "Oh it's your mom Zain." she said. His eyes widened. "Grounded." he mouthed. "I am just gonna go upstairs with Zain." I said to excuse him. "Sure honey." my mom answered.

He sighed. We sat down. "Your clothes are still dirty." I said. "If you want you can try some of mine." I offered him. He opened my wardrobe and found a big t shirt. I turned my back to him while he were changing. "There, you  back now." he said.

I could see a smile growing on his face.  "Your clothes are actually comfortable, where did you buy it?" he asked. "The shop beside the cafe." I replied. My dad knocked at the door. "Come in." I said.

"We are going to the cabin in the weekend, prom is on tuesday. You should start packing." he said. I sighed. "Zain is here, do I have to pack now?" I asked. "Yes Esther." he replied.

"I can help you." Zain offered me and smiled. My dad left the door. A picture from Rose came up on Facebook. I dropped my phone.

"What the fuck, you scared me." Zain said. "Rose is kissing Aspen." I said while pointing to my phone. "Good they've been together." he said rolling his eyes. We both had the hatred over the same people. Aspen.

I could never be able to hate rose as much as Zain do. She helped me through the first days. We packed and Zain helped folding my clothes. I smiled.  "Thank you for helping me," I said. I really hated to pack for myself. It was so much funnier with friends. We even got it done before my parents.

It started to be late. "Esther, I should probably go home now. It's late." Zain said. "Sure, I will follow you to the bus." I replied. It was still raining.

I took on a jacket and walked outside. I held the door up so Zain could go out. He smiled. "It was really fun today." he admitted. "It was." I said. We both hated silent so we tried to have a conversation going.

"Do you think they know you skipped school?" I asked. "Hopefully not." Zain said. We came to the bus station and the bus did not come until 10 minutes. I decided to hang out a bit until the bus came. It didn't. 

I remembered Zain still had my clothes on. "Keep those clothes." I said and smiled. Zain opened his phone and sighed. "They found out." he said. He looked disappointed. Even thought I only have seen him for like a week. I knew he was sad. "Hey, it will be okay." I said taking an arm around his neck.

He texted his parents. "The bus is late." he mumbled while writing. I had no clue if his parents did answer. It were completely dark now. The street light flickered. "You live in a scary street." Zain said jumping  of the sudden light.

"l do." I said. I still couldn't see the bus. Nowhere. I decided to be outside to the bus came. I sighed. "So." Zain said locking his eyes with me. "So?" I replied. "This silence is embarrassing." he said. At least he were honest. 

"Rock, paper, scissor?" I asked to be quit the embarrassing moment. He shrugged and turned towards me.

"I better win." he said. I folded my hand into a fist. "Rock, paper, scissor." "Shoot!" Zain shouted. His hand were formed as a paper. I had a rock. "Come on."I said and pushed Zain mockingly. "Again." I said. "To late." he said.

The bus were arriving. He hurried onto the bus and waved back to me.  His face were filled with a grin.