Chapter 3

Math. Of course math. I sat down beside Rose. I could hear her breath slowing down from the running.  We got a paper full of questions. "Algebra" I mumbled. The paper in-front of me made no sense at all.

I tried to solve the questions, I did my best. I could hear warm breaths above me. " I looked up to see Zain standing there leaning over me "Do you need help?" he asked in a teasing way. "I actually do, but no way from an enemy."  I said denying him.

"Come on Esther, one time won't hurt, will it?" he continued as he watched me write. "Only if you let me be alone without bickering me the rest of the day." I answered while sighting.

He explained some of the questions so I could get an understanding of it. "There you go stupid." he said while smiling. 

"Hey, Esther right?" another teacher came to me. I nodded. "Great to meet you, I'm Mrs Alana. Good to see you already made some friends." she continued.

Friends I thought. Only rose. She must have thought Zain is a friend of mine, but he is not. Definitely not.

The lesson finished and Rose grabbed my hand and ran. "Thank you for helping me dumb-ass." I shouted after Zain while running. I had no clue where to go but followed Rose's lead.

"Can you please tell me why you and Zain are enemy's?" she asked with puppy eyes.

"Okay then." I said and started telling the story. "So we meet in year 3. We were amazing friends until an argument started. After a while Zain moved and we still hadn't fixed up the arguments." I said, getting interrupted by Rose.

"Then why did you move here?" she asked.
"My parents decided to move here. I don't think they knew Zain was living here too." I answered while shrugging.

"What a coincidence." she said. "I'm happy you moved." Rose continued. 

"It's hilarious seeing you and Zain teasing each other." I couldn't help myself but smiling. I never thought the first day at school would be that good. 

"How long have you and Zain teased each other?" Rose asked.

"Since year 3. It's like 7 years.
Not a clue." I said, unsure about if it was right.

"Well. Who cares, I love the drama you both cause." she answered.

We were about to have English. I didn't know any of the teachers. So the school day was confusing.

I followed after Rose into the lesson. "Where do I sit?" I asked. She pointed to a desk and I sat down. The desk looked abonded. It was marks from pencils and drawings. No one had erased it. 

The teacher introduces herself as Mrs Wilma. She was a sub for Mrs Keaton as he was supervising a class that had an exam. She gave each other a paper. "Write  a short story." it stod. "That's informative." I whispered. A girl beside me nodded.  "What are you going to write about?" she asked. "No clue, we just started." I replied. "I am Fallon." she introduced herself as.

She had her hair in a ponytail. Fallon had already gotten a paragraph. "How do you do it so fast?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.
"My head is full of ideas." she said. "Write down the first words that come to my mind." Fallon continued.

I did as she said. I actually got a huge list of random words from names to different plants. Now I just had to make a story out of it.
"Once upon a time three young girls walked in the forest." I wrote down. "Maybe I should make it to a survival book. Or not." I mumbled for myself.

We had the whole month on us anyway. I'm not sure if that's enough for writing a book.
"Mrs Wilma? I said. Mrs Wilma turned her head to me. "Yes?" she replied.  "How long does the book need to be?" I asked. "As long as you get all the content you need it's great," she answered. The bell rang. English were finished for today. I smiled to Mrs Wilma.