52. Xmas, Tidy Talks & War Hell Ride

"Aye, Charlie girl!" I greeted opening the door as Ethel and his precious girlfriend stood in the doorway with big, beaming smiles. Cute.

"It's Charlotte, baby sis!" Ethel grumbled, ruffling my hair. I glared at him as he walked past me in the living room.

"Yo mother, your daughter-in-law is here!" I yelled, instantly watching E's dramatic stop. He glared at me, "Soph!" Perfect shot!

Suits him for messing my hair, duh!

I smiled at Charlotte, who amusedly watched our exchange. Yeah, she knew we never grew up. Anyway. "Welcome sister-in-law! Come, come..."

"Why are you so irritating?" E muttered while throwing the cushion my way. I easily dodged it, mumbling in his girlfriend's ear, "How do you handle my brother? Don't ya get bored?"

"Sophronia Jasper, you better run!"

"Eeks! No!" I did run, though. No risks.

Huh, my ten-year-old bother.

###

"Aye! That's mine!" I swatted Ian's hand, seeing his fingers advance towards my mashed potatoes. The entire table was decorated with rich traditional Christmas delicacies, featuring mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce, along with some veggies. The staples for dessert included mom's special apple pie, Christmas pudding, which Charlotte made, and lastly, delicious fruitcakes made by yours truly.

Family and fun were all I could think of. It was amazing. Quite divine, if you ask me. To sit with your loved ones and crack jokes, indulging in miscellaneous chatting along with some stern glares dropping by here and there.

Dad and mom were supposed to visit their colleague's small party. So, they'd be leaving in an hour or so. Remained Ethel and Charlotte, and as far as I knew, even they had plans for the night.

Alas, Ian would be my Christmas partner for the night. Not bad, though. Well, it was different thing that I wanted a certain someone to be with me at this hour. Soon I felt my thoughts drifting off to him. The last time we talked was in the morning, exchanging Christmas wishes through texts. He had been busy with his racing.

Never mind; next time, do come.

Huffing, I went back to munching my potatoes. Hmm... delicious.

###

"There's so much noise." I said, keeping my phone inches away from my ears. The buzzing and glitching noise echoing in my eardrums.

"Hmm... I'm still on the tracks." Replied Senior Aylwin, his voice shadowed by the crunches and bustles of his background.

"What about your team?"

"Drew and Jake arrived this morning. The rest will probably come by tonight... and Chase will come with ya."

"How's Christmas going?"

"Wait... Hold on... Just a sec..." He mumbled, followed by yelling and harsh whispers. Then, the grrr and brrr sounds resonated, traumatizing my poor eardrums.

"Where the hell are you?" Irritated. Yup, I was utterly, completely, and wholly irritated.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Got a little caught up. Anyway, what were you saying?"

Good night. Sleep tight.

Instead of saying that, I swallowed down my frustrations and said, "I asked how's your Christmas going?"