16. Sweet Mistakes & The Ocean By Us

"So, now what?" I asked Ivy as we waited for the boys to change in the cabins. "Hey, Mysie, now what?" she yelled instead of responding. Damn you, girl! I face-palmed myself.

"Let the boys come." Mysie yelled back.

"Let the boys come." Ivy said as she turned to face me. She walked away singing some tunes after that.

Seriously gal, you can't be much more stupid than this! Ugh, God, why are there so many weirdos in my life?

###

"What about movie night or something?"

"Nah, let's go to some restaurant."

"How about clubbing?"

"That's too boring! Something new."

Everyone was preoccupied with making plans for the day. After all, it was the weekend, and they were bound to have a good time. I smiled at them, but my gaze was drawn to Austin, who seemed uninterested in the discussions. He was spaced out and stood near the cabin, his arm crossed. It had gotten close to midday. The sun was at its peak. It was hot in there. I approached him and stood next to him.

"Hey!" I spoke out softly, taking care not to startle him.

"Hi!" He replied, a small smile crept on his lips.

"Are you alright?"

"Um... yeah, I guess so! Why do you ask?" He returned his gaze to the sky.

I wonder, what's so special this noon?

"Nothing, only that everyone is preparing something there, and you're here by yourself. Wanna share?" I received no response from him. "Fine," I sighed, "join us when you feel like it." He reacted with a hum.

***

I joined them, sipping my coke, and believe me when I say that wasn't a wise decision. Senior Aylwin stood in front of me, dressed in black jeans and a white shirt with a few buttons undone and rolled-up sleeves.

"So, it's fixed now! We'll go to Water Park first, then McDonald's."

"Catch it, bro!" Senior Chase tossed him a bottle of water, which he easily snagged. The sun shone down on his sculpted figure and silken locks. His golden-brown and black hair glittered even brighter. Every part of his form seemed to emanate a luscious, beguiling shimmer. He opened the cap and began gulping. Cold water droplets trickled down his plump pink lips and along his chiseled jaw line, but they didn't stop there. They traced his contours, sliding deeper till they reached his Adam's apple, which bobbed, forcing me to swallow harder. Those tiny droplets slid down his velvety neck in slow motion, taking their time to devour his every cell before ultimately disappearing beneath his shirt. Lucky drops!

He set the bottle down and tenderly wiped his lips with the back of his palm. My throat became dry all of a sudden. Why was I suddenly hot, despite the fact that New York was nowhere near the equator? The ticklish sensation was back, trailing fuzziness.

I guess I'll have to grab two more cans now.

I had a long swig of coke in an attempt to cool myself from the blistering heat. That's when I realized my friends were staring at me strangely. My brows wrinkled in befuddlement.

"Are you alright?" I nodded.

"If that's the case, why are you fanning yourself?" Saphy made a motion with her hand toward my face, which was being fanned. I was completely unaware that my hands were fanning. I swiftly retracted my hand, feeling a smidgen of embarrassment that I quickly concealed with a faux chuckle.