Ch.1: Old Friend

Yn's POV:

As light seeps through my blinds onto my face, my eyes slowly start opening. I take a deep breath and sit up stretching my spine. I see my german shepherd, Boomer, laying on the bottom of my bed. I swing my legs to the side of my bed and stand up. I open my blinds and walk over to my closet.

I open my top drawer and grab my matching work out set. It was a pretty green, the top was just a sports bra. I change into that and go into my bathroom. I pull my hair up into a ponytail, putting tiny elastic rubber bands down the rest of my hair. I fluff them out to make them into bubble braids.

I grab socks, and my white running shoes. I put them on while sitting in the edge of my bed. I go downstairs and hear steps following me. Boomer brushes by my legs while going downstairs himself. I go into the kitchen and grab his food and set it down in the ground. While he's eating his breakfast I make mine.

Throwing berries into a blender, I grab milk and orange juice and blend the smoothie. I put the finished drink in a shaker bottle. Grabbing my keys off of the counter, I walk out of my house, locking the door behind me. I unlock my yellow 2022 Jeep Wrangler and climb in.

I had a few errands to run this morning before going on my run. First, I went to the grocery store, picking up stuff for this week. Secondly, I grab Boomer a few things, like food and a new leash. He chewed his old one up a few days ago. After that I had to head down to my store, "The Studio", and sort a few things out.

We got a new shipment from my main Warehouse out in Lemoore. When I bought the Warehouse, I wanted it closer but there were none in San Diego. I pull up in the back of the store and go inside of it. Seeing the boxes in the back room I carry them to the front of the store.

I grab the tote that had hangers and hung up all the dresses and shirts, folding the pants. Once I organized everything to my liking I locked up and went back to my house. It was eight in the morning and my store doesn't open until ten. One of my morning managers was going to open for me.

Walking inside of my house, I am greeted with Boomer.

"Hi buddy." I say petting him.

I finish putting everything away and get Boomers harness and leash all set up I put my headphones on, playing music and put my phone in the pocket in my leggings. I go outside with Boomer by my side and start jogging.

I decided to run down by the beach, so I made my way over there. I lived near the beach that was behind Penny's bar. Her and I meet a few years ago, she actually helped me open my bar downtown.

Because of the timing of the day, no one was at the beach. Well there was one group, it looked like they were playing football. Boomer decides to get out of my grip and run towards the group.

I chase after him, soon catching up with him. The group caught him and were petting him, making sure to grab his leash.

As I reach them, "I am so sorry. He never does this." I tell them.

"It's no problem."

"It's okay."

"No need."

A few of them answered, I grabbed the leash from one of them and went to say thank you and continue our run. As I look up I see a familiar face.

"Natasha?" I ask.

"Yn?" She says pushing through the men.

"Hi." I say giving her a hug.

"Hi." She retorted pulling away.

"When did you get back?"

"A few days ago. I was going to text you but work has been crazy lately."