♡ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟᴀʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ♡

Start from the beginning

Y/n made her way to sit next to the green clothed archon, smoothing out the skirt of her dress before resting her hands on her lap.

"So, do you want to talk about what you're thinking right now?" She asked, and Venti closed his eyes with a hum.

"A poem that I first heard from him. A melodramatic one.."
"..I'm listening." Y/n encouraged.

Venti chuckled, opening his mouth and his words still ever so melodic despite the lack of a lyre.

"Fly, fly away.
Like a bird in the sky.
See the world on my behalf.
To the heavens may you fly."

Silence lingered between the pair after that, the soft wind against their ears all that accompanied their thoughts.

A beautiful poem, truly.
But all y/n's mind could linger on was one particular line.

See the world on my behalf-

'To complete your soul, I give you part of mine.' Spoke a familiar voice in her head, flashes of the ever so familiar image of a boy with brown and white hair and mismatched eyes showing up in her head, "I do this with no regrets, so please, see the world on my behalf."

The cave they were in resembled the one she awoke in first, the one she thought back to with the same boy holding her in his arms.

This was a continuation of that same exact memory.

"Bask in it the way I couldn't." Her eyes flickered to her chest when she felt something push against it. The same chess-piece-resembling object that was on her lap in a different memory. The thing that was called a gnosis.

But what startled her most wasn't the familiar object, but the way it was being pushed into where her heart would've been if she'd been human!

'..That would make me happy, if you did." Danil smiled and poked something into her soaked sleeve. Just barely, she managed to avert her gaze enough to spot a part of whatever it was.

Her cryo vision?

"Even if you end up not remembering me, that's fine." He assured, "Because all that matters is that I got to know you. Thank you for making my life a little more bearable, Sakura."

He ever so gently cradled the back of her head with his cold hand, pressing his forehead against hers.

"May these existing souls merge to create a new one. One that will be yours."

A gasp sounded through the breeze and y/n quickly clasped a hand over her mouth.

She blinked as she found herself in her current location again, turning her head to look at Venti who had long since opened his eyes to gaze at her with curiosity.

He smiled. "Something leaves me under the impression that you and I may not be so different after all."

"I.." y/n trailed and then shook her head, "Your friend had a way with words, that poem was beautiful." She returned to their initial topic.

Venti hummed. "The maiden beside me is beautiful too."

He was met with a mandarin orange getting thrown against his head. Y/n caught it back in the palm of her hand once it bounced off.

Venti laughed and y/n huffed out a breath, unimpressed by his attempt at flattery.

But at least the tension between them had now cheered up a bit.

"..I'm not so in the mood for apples anymore." Y/n dug a nail into the skin of the mandarine, proceeding to peel it off, "I much prefer this fruit instead."

"Oh? And what may this fruit be?" Venti asked, eyeing the citrus in her hands and encouraging the failed vessel to speak her own thoughts now too.

Y/n tore the peeled mandarine in half and held a part of it out to him. "Care to try?"