♡ɪ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ♡

Start from the beginning

This time, it was Diluc's turn to momentarily think to himself. "..The last time you were here, you didn't seem to be doing very well." He begun to speak. "Even after you've calmed down from your..episode, you remained closed-off and rather somber." Despite his wording on the similar behavior she was portraying as the last time she was at the tavern, his tone was soft and gentle, as though he didn't wish to offend her in any way nor have others listen in on anything personal.

"..I'm sorry," y/n frowned, feeling as though she may have caused trouble by portraying such behaviour. "I didn't mean to trouble y-"

"It's not that," He cut her off, but his voice wasn't all too stoic despite the fact that it was still effective in shutting y/n up.

Silence lingered between the two once again before the redhead's soft sigh would come to break it. "What I'm trying to say is..you can always talk to me." He suddenly placed a glass of water down on the counter, one that she hadn't even noticed him holding onto before. "I am working as a bartender at the moment, after all. Not only that, but I say that after all we've been through together, we could be considered closely affiliated with each other."

"..Thank you, master Diluc." She'd speak with gratitude, the faintest bit of a smile painting her lips. "..Knowing that you care enough to listen is already enough to lift my mood." She assured, taking hold of the water offered to her.
"I'm.. perfectly fine. I was just waiting for Paimon and Aether to get here, so maybe that's why I look a little lonely."

"..If you say so." He nodded his head, turning his gaze away from her. "..But my offer still stands, so feel free to approach me anytime. Even if I appear to be busy, I'll do whatever I can to make some time to listen."

Y/n's chest felt warm, a reoccuring sensation she's been experiencing many times after her arrival to Mondstadt, yet still something she couldn't bring herself to get used to.

"Would you like something more proper to drink? This is a tavern, after all. Our options aren't limited to alcohol."

Y/n pondered for a little bit, reaching to check for any mora within the hebao that she continued to bring along with herself despite her outfit change.

"..Do you have anything sweet?"

"In that case, I might have the perfect thing." Diluc picked up another empty glass.

♡__.○.__♡

The vessel wasn't someone who fell asleep easily. In fact, even Yanli admitted that finding y/n asleep was a rare sight. Sleep itself was something she didn't necessarily need, but also something she couldn't have.

Yet it appeared that at the current moment, with her friends taking their sweet time to arrive and her mental fatigue kicking in, she couldn't help but close her and doze off into a dreamless and peaceful slumber.

She awakened out of her own accord soon enough, blinking blearily upon the feeling of some type of weight placed over her shoulders.

She then sat up, rubbing at her eyes before looking towards the untouched glass of juice placed on the counter she had been leaning over during her nap. Startled by her own realization, she glanced down to see what was responsible for the warm weight surrounding her: the dark coat Diluc always wore.

"Heh, no need to be so frightened, miss." Charles caught the puppet's attention, appearing to have taken Diluc's place in tending to the bar during her moment of rest.