Chapter 4 (The Clues)

Location: Violet's Bedroom

Time: 9:30/21:30pm (evening)

''You could be Grand Duchess Anastasia, Violet''

I looked at her in disbelief, "that's enough Mel" I said trying to end the conversation, while getting ready for bed "But-" "I don't want to hear anymore of this Melody, that girl is dead and I'm alive, yes its a coincidence we both have the same scar but I got this scar from you remember" I said getting sick and tired of this conversation "No, you didn't..." I looked at the door and saw Melody's mum leaning on the door with guilty look "what did you say?" I said with wide eyes and a shocking tone, she sighed and came closer to my bed that me and melody were sitting on "you didn't have that scar because of Melody....." she stopped for a bit and looked at Melody and then me "the day I adopted you, you already had that scar since then' she continued with a reasoning voice, I looked at her in shock and had one question to asked her "do you know who gave me up for a adoption auntie?" I asked wanting to know, who left me behind and didn't want me around them anymore, my aunt looked at me trying to think who was the person that  left me with a single mother and daughter, " I forgot his name but he was very young and cute - '' 'MUM!!'' ''What?, it was ten years ago, his skin was even glowing during that rainy day, he was my type but we are getting off topic here,  but he also left me a note to give you when you were ready to know who you are'' she said nervously, I couldn't believe it, I was still in shock, because,

A) I can't remember this person

B) I don't even know who I am anymore

and C) WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!.

"I'm still not getting what's happening right now" I said rubbing my head, "Get some rest it's been a long night, whenever your ready to read the letter, I'm only one call away'' she said reassuring me that everyone will be fine, if I take good night sleep, I said my okays and goodnights to them both as they both left to go to their rooms, I started to drift off to dream land.

(DREAM)

Location: Anastasia's bedroom

Time: midnight

''Ana , wake up''

......

"ANASTASIA, WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!"

I woke up to the sound of my mother's voice "What's wrong Mother?" I asked waking up and stretching a little, she grabs both my arms harshly to have a good look at her " Ana look at me, we need to get you out of here, they are coming" all I could say to her was huh and she was dragging me out of bed to get ready "this is Hermes, he will guide you to your new family alright" she said getting me dressed and putting my lucky hat on with my little teddy bear "what's going on, what do you mean 'new family' " I said confused and that's when I started to smell smoke and looked at my mum properly, she had blood trolling down her forehead and most of her face is burned off from, I suppose is fire "sweetie listen to me, I want you to go and live your life with another family, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you from her any longer, I tried to hide from her but it looks like she found you" she said and hugged me after saying that "Her??, what are you talking about mum, what's going on?" I kept asking her question for her to make me understand the situation, "we don't have much time Anastasia" she said packing every last thing I had for my journey " this might be the last time, I will ever see you again my little brave girl, I want you to comeback and get revenge for us alright" she said hugging one last time " keep this necklace safe and make sure to XXXXXXXXXXX" she said "what" I said " please Hermes, XXXXXXXXX" she said to the supposed man '' NOW GO!!!!'' she said pushing us to the edge of the window as soon as we jumped off the window, I screamed  "MUMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY"

"I LOVE YOU, PLEASE SAVE US ALL"

(END OF DREAM)

''ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!'' I screamed breathing heavily up and down, looking around my room and touched my neck, trying to slow down my breathing, after a few seconds my door slammed opened and I jerked my head to the door and saw my aunt and Melody holding a....baseball bat and a frying pan in their hands like they were spies....

(are you freaking serious),

I thought and got out of bed rolling my eyes and pushed them out of my room and was about to close the door when my aunt said "what's going on" 
"bad dream" I said and shut the door in their face, and I walking to my bd and heard my door opening again "Violet, is it your dreams again" Melody said and I looked at her with a stern look and she looked at me confused '' what dreams?'' my aunt said ''Oh'' Melody said ''she's been having nightmares for the last six months now-'' she continued ''MELODY!!'' I shouted '' you've been having nightmares about what Violet?'' my aunt asked, dropping the frying pan on the bed asking me to sit with her, I sat next to her and Melody sat next to me holding my right shoulder '' I've been having these dreams about some girl named Anastasia-- '' Melody gasped and her mum and I looked at her until she realised what she did, ''Sorry, go on please'' she said putting her hand on my shoulder again, '' it seems like she just escaped a fire in her home and a guy named Hermes I think saved her and took her to new family'' I continued rubbing my head a little, I looked at my aunt and she was looking somewhere else with guilt in her eyes, I asked her, "What?, why are you looking somewhere else, don't tell me Melody's theories are correct" I panicked a little, she looked at me again with a guilty look, ''YESSS I KNEW IT, I KNEW YOU WERE HER" Melody rejoiced and was celebrating and looked at me and her mum, we were both giving her the unserious look " I mean, Mum is there something you want to tell our Violet" she said clearing her throat and sitting next to me again looking at her mum with a concerned looked, I shake my head at Melody and looked at my aunt again, "what's going on aunt Amelia?" I asked with a serious tone, "Well, ughhh, I'm sorry but I can't say anything unless you read the letter that was left for you, when you were dropped here" she said wanting to say something but it looked like she promised someone not to tell me, I looked at her for a bit and turn my head to my laps and said "I don't want to read it-" "WHAT?" Melody shouted looking at me like I'm stupid or something, I raised my eyebrows and looked up at her " You need to read that letter, you need to find out what happened with your family, you need to get revenge on the people who assassinated them, these nightmares that you having are trying to send you messages " she said trying to reason with me about this, I thought about it for a bit.

(Maybe I should read it, just to see if there's a hidden message in there, that could explain what happened with my family)

I sighed and looked at my best friend, and then my aunt and said " fine , bring it out" Melody threw her hands in the air and said " YESS, hurry up Mother" she said rushing her mother " her mum gave her a stern look and looked at me again and said "are you sure you want to read it" I breathed in confidently and said "I'm sure and I'm ready for it" she hummed and went to go and look for the letter, as she was looking for the letter, Melody kept dancing around me and kept repeating ' she's reading the letter, my sister is a princess' over and over again, all I could think about was if I was ready to read it.

After a few mins, she came back with a brown crumbled letter and sh handed it to me and I stared at it and then took it in my hands and as I opened it Melody and her mum sat beside me

.......

"it's empty"

Melody said, I looked at her "what" I said confused " yeah me too, I can't see anything" my aunt said and I looked at her as well surprised " you can't either?" I asked and she nodded and said "Wow, I was keeping a piece of paper with no ink on it for 10 years" she said not believing what she was seeing, I looked at the paper again and it read:

-call my name if you are in an emergency, or if you need a new place to hide, but your mission from now on is to find me, find something that belongs to me first and then call my name three times-

Hermes

"But I can read it" I said softly