Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1

Hangzhou, 1967, at the end of summer, Shen Xi walked through the narrow alley with a luggage bag on his back, and finally came to a narrow door according to the house number.

From the door, it could be seen that the buildings in the courtyard were messy and dilapidated, and many people lived there. She entered the door with a little hesitation, stood still in the courtyard, and glanced at the low houses.

One of the wooden doors opened with a "squeak", and the sound was particularly abrupt.

Shen Xi turned around, and immediately called out in surprise: "Second brother, third brother."

Shen Shubian and Shen Shujiang couldn't hide their joy, and hurriedly welcomed their sister into the dilapidated house they lived in temporarily.

Looking at the dark and simple room in front of him, thinking of the superior life in the past, Shen Xi's nose became sore.

The two brothers are unemployed youths, Shen Shubian affectionately took Shen Xi's luggage bag, and moved a stool for her to sit on.

The residents here are all going out to get busy, and now they are the only ones in this family, and they are not afraid of being heard when they speak, even so, they still keep their voices down.

Shen Shubian said: "Little sister, have you told Lu Ling not to make a marriage report, and we will not marry him."

Shen Xi nodded obediently and said: "When I came out, he participated in field training. I should be back in two days, I will call him to the island."

She then asked: "Second brother, third brother, when will you send me to Dad's hometown?"

Shen Shujiang looked hesitant, Shen Shubian said: "No Dad's hometown, we have made better arrangements for you."

Shen Xi said "ah" and came out of Lihua Island, she wanted to go to Shen's father's hometown.

The situation of the three brothers and sisters has to start from the spring. Shen's father and Shen's mother are both at the Hangzhou Military Science and Technology Research Institute. Shen's father is the dean and Shen's mother is a researcher. In March, they were sent to work on the northern Anhui farm.

Shen's mother couldn't bear the blow, and got seriously ill. It happened that Shenxi's school was closed, her home was ransacked, and all her deposits were handed over. Shenxi had no school, no place to live, no money to spend, so she went to the farm with her parents to take care of Shen's mother.

Shen's mother recovered from her illness, but Shen Xi, who was weak and sickly, fainted several times, became a burden to her parents. Not to mention, what can't be tolerated is that the old and ugly widowed security director with three children on the farm forced Shenxi to marry him. As a last resort, his parents tried their best to ask for help like old comrades in arms.

Lu Ling, the son of an old comrade-in-arms, served as a soldier on Lihua Island and was able to protect Shen Xi. He took Shen Xi to the island and made a marriage report to his superiors, intending to protect her with a fake marriage.

The condition of Lihua Island is very poor. The island has strong wind and waves, strong sunshine, unpalatable food in the cafeteria, inconvenient shopping for daily necessities, and many insects and snakes. One night a snake crawled onto the bed of Shenxi and wrapped itself around her arm. She was scared to death.

There is also a very important point, her mental pressure is very high.

Lu Ling is twenty-four years old and is the youngest deputy commander of the Lihua Island Marine Corps. His future is limitless, but because of Shen Xi, he may never be promoted again. Shen Xi understands the establishment of the army. To a certain extent, it was a very embarrassing position, which delayed his bright future, and Shen Xi felt very sorry.