40: Breaking News! My Girlfriend Loves Me Back.

Start from the beginning

"Can we at least order pizza?" She groaned as Lynn comforted her.

"I made pizza though," Isa pointed out.

As the girls argued, I took the opportunity to slip into the kitchen and grab a cookie, biting into it slowly so that no one could hear me. Unfortunately I'm not the best at being inconspicuous, because the girls looked at me in confusion.

"Well we have to get this party started one way or the other," I mumbled, swallowing the cookie. "What are we waiting for?"

***

Joanna and Sofia are the suppliers of wine in our stream apparently.
The girls were downstairs, drinking some wine and champagne as the music played in the distance. I took the chance to escape them, refusing to get tipsy with them. I walked up the stairs and opened the door to the balcony, finding Yasmina out there already. I snuck up on her, wrapping my arms around her waist as I looked down at the view. Isabella's house is huge, and compared to Sofia's, I loved spending my weekends here when my parents used to travel away.

 "I didn't know you were up here, thought you ran away or something," I began, standing beside her. "Why didn't you tell me you're coming up here?"

" Because I wanted to have some time to myself without anybody interrupting me," she said. "Not that you're just anybody, of course. I actually enjoy your company quite a bit."

"I feel like if you enjoyed my company that much you would have told me to come up here," I joked.

"Perhaps I knew that you were going to follow me anyway," she paused, smiling at me. "You know, I need to tell you something."

" Go ahead."

"I really do enjoy your company but this is something that's been weighing on me for a while now," she started. "I don't know how my parents are going to react to this relationship between me and you, especially my mom. And I just don't know what to say to her or approach her about it because I'm afraid of her reaction."

"Are they homophobic?"

"I don't know." She sighed.  "But they're super religious so I'm pretty sure they're against all of this. I just don't want it to affect what we have right now."

"Babe, I understand. Don't even worry about it," I reassured her. "I can just pretend to be your friend around them. Girls act like this all the time, right?"

She smirked. "I don't think girls act like this, Kendall. It's  not common for girls to lock the bedroom door once their friends enter and begin moaning like they're getting fucked."

"Shit! Your mom knows?"  I asked sheepishly.

"You know that she was once a teenager, right? It's not rocket science." She started chuckling a little bit at my horrified face. "Relax, I lied to her and said I got injured. Stubbed my toe or some shit."

"You didn't get injured, though." I  rolled my eyes.

"Kendall, you almost threw me off the bed at some point. Of course I almost got injured."

"Almost."

"Not the point."

I hummed. "True. Continue."

"So this won't affect our relationship in any way, right? Because if we're realistically speaking here…we just started dating like a month ago and–"

"And it's been a blast, right?"

"Of course it's been lovely… but that doesn't mean I want this to end because of my mom."

"Yasmina, think about it; why would I throw away all of this just because of your parents? It's not like they'll murder me if they find out." I winked.

"They won't kill you, but they will most certainly kill me." She scoffed. "You think they're going to kill somebody else's child? No! They'll kill me," she panicked. "Oh my God, if they find out I'm done for, Kendall!"

"They won't find out, I promise." I rubbed her arms. "You just have to trust me, okay?"

"I trust you, I just don't trust them."

"Then don't focus on them," I suggested. "Focus on me, alright? Look at me."

She turned to face me, her eyes laser focused on me. Her tense shoulders relaxed once she saw that I could be trusted and a smile stretched across her face slowly. "I guess you're right… I should just trust you."

"Trust me like how you trusted me on New Year's. But this doesn't mean you should go kissing strangers you know; that doesn't always work." I changed the topic to ease her a bit more.

Sensing where I was going with this, she laughed. "Well, kissing strangers actually did land me a beautiful girlfriend, so I might have to disagree with your statement."

Hearing the countdown downstairs, I  continued to smile at her. "Well…who are you kissing this New Year's Eve, Yasmina?"

"I'm not kissing a stranger this time," she whispered. "I'm kissing my girlfriend."

And as the countdown hit one and the fireworks erupted in the sky, Yasmina pulled me into a kiss, solidifying our relationship status and carrying on with me into the New Year. Butthis time, she's not the really hot stranger I met on New Year's…

She's my girlfriend.