12: Right Down The Line

When Yasmina said that her hobbies were boring, I was expecting something like eating sushi on a rainy day (actually you should try this, I don't know what it does but it makes me want to look out the window while listening to Taylor Swift's album 1989) or maybe sightseeing. Scratch that; I don't think any activity is boring, unless you're gaming all the time.

Point is, I expected Yasmina to be into something I probably wouldn't handle, but when she said she wanted to check out some artwork or buy books, I was over the moon. So in good old Kendall Riddick fashion, I took her to the public library. The Plaza has everything, and honestly, I'm not complaining. It's better than leaving this area when your sister took the car and left.

Yasmina looked around, observing those that were reading. I remember when Sofia and I were still close, we'd come here just to borrow the latest Danielle Steel or Colleen Hoover book. Heck, Nicola Yoon too, she set my standards way too high in Everything Everything.

Trying to impress her, I stood behind her as she looked at one of the shelves in the classic section. I gently moved her braided hair off her shoulder and patted them down, resting my chin on her right shoulder. She hummed, placing 'Emma' by Jane Austen back on the shelf and turning to face me.

She raised one of her eyebrows, wrapping her arms around my neck as she smiled. "Is this what you were trying to do?" She asked.

Leaning in, I moved my head and whispered in her ear. "Maybe."

"Are we interrupting something?"

Yasmina shoved me off of her instantly, my ass stinging as I landed on the floor in complete shock. I glanced at the twins, who looked at us amused.

"No, I…" Yasmina struggled to look for an excuse. She turned to the shelf and grabbed Pride and Prejudice off the shelf. "I was just looking for a book?"

One twin began to chuckle. "It's okay; Emily once kissed Zach here. We don't mind."

The other twin hit her. "Eliana."

Eliana laughed softly, flipping her red hair. "Sorry, sorry. You two can continue, just act like we aren't here."

"Wait, do you think we're dating?" I blurted out, standing up and fixing my hair.

The twins exchanged looks with each other before nodding. "We can see chemistry from anywhere. If you're not dating, maybe you're having one of those book moments where the main character meets her love interest."

Emily squealed. "Yeah, and then before they kiss they get interrupted by some—oh…Eliana!"

"What?"

"We're ruining their potential love story, come on!" She grabbed her sister's arm. "We'll get going, nice to meet you!"

"Wouldn't you want to exchange numbers or anything?" I suggested.
Eliana, I'm assuming, pulled Emily away from us. "I'm sure this won't be the last time we meet. Bye!"

Once they disappeared into one of the sections, Yasmina began to laugh, putting Pride and Prejudice back. "That was funny."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah…I think we should go?"

"What? Why? We just started having fun," Yasmina replied, pouting.

"I mean, I just don't want to keep talking in a fucking library," I lied. "The librarian might side eye me when we leave."

"You've been here before?"

"Definitely." Smiling at her, I looked at the door. "How about we get out of here and get some food? It's almost dark."