Part 33 Kai

The currents of air exploded with a ferocity that shook the very foundation of the house. The wind carried with it the scent of rain and the unmistakable smell of burning wood. Lord Kay felt his clothes whipping around him, the texture of the fabric rough against his skin. As he gazed up at the portrait of the woman above the mantel, he could almost feel the disappointment emanating from her.

With a furious roar, Kay picked up the stool by the piano and slammed it against the door. The sound was deafening, and the metallic hinges screeched in protest. Frey entered cautiously, brushing bits of wood and splinters from his hair.

"How dare you?" Kay's voice was a low growl. "I gave you one task, and you failed me."

Frey tried to pacify him, but Kay was too far gone in his rage. His body convulsed with anger, and his eyes turned into bottomless pits. The storm raged on outside, and the thunders were so loud that they drowned out all other sounds.

"I will smash him," Kay hissed, his voice echoing in his mind. "Watch his bones and blood mix with the torrents of water."

Frey knew he had to act quickly to calm Kay down. "We have a solution," he said, flexing his fingers with self-satisfaction. "The Chaos Hunter can solve this problem for us."

But Kay was not so easily placated. "You ruined everything," he hissed. "Everyone will learn that she is not dead. Youuuuu. Impudent, flirtatious, bastard."

Suddenly, Kay's face relaxed, and an evil grin spread along his tight lips. He erupted into sinister, mad laughter, and a gloom filled the ceiling above the suite. Frey panicked, realizing that he didn't know what his insane friend was capable of.

As comprehension struck him, Frey faced the patio door and froze. A vast wall of death was rising from the beach, its hand above them like a titan's fist. The ocean fell on them, and Frey felt an unimaginable force sweep his feet out from under him.

As he struggled to stay afloat, Frey could hear Kay's horrid laughter ringing in his ears. "Let's see how long dogs can swim," Kay roared. All Frey could do was try to bubble things and pray for a miracle.

The storm raged on, and Lord Kay let go of all his constraints and boundaries, embracing every single part of his being. The wind, the rain, the thunder, and the ocean were all a part of him now. He had lost control, and there was no going back. All he could do was embrace the chaos and let it consume him.