VI.III.: Well, that didn't go according to the plan

Shuri and Liam stood next to each other, hands flying across the holograms and working together on Vision's stone. Both of them were frowning in concentration and Liam's eyes were glowing vibrant blue.

"How much longer, Shuri?" T'challa's voice rang out in the lab.

"We've barely begun, brother."

"You might want to pick up the pace." He sounded a touch stressed and Liam glanced up for a moment, out of the window and saw the aliens piling in. There was suddenly a bright flash of light.

"What was that?!" Shuri asked, concerned. Liam zoomed in.

"Thor." He said with a smile. Out of nowhere, something shook the building. He, Shuri and Wanda all looked around. Wanda then took a few steps towards the window.

"Oh god..." She mumbled as at least a dozen of huge spiky disks emerged from the ground and started rolling on the battlefield. She looked back at Liam and Shuri, her eyes asking for permission.

"Go and get back as soon as possible." Shuri said to her and Wanda was gone. It was just a couple of minutes. Not that long. But there was a scream behind them, then a dull 'thunk'. Shuri and Liam sped up the work. doing their best to finish getting the stone off before all of the guards around them fell. When one of them fell by Liam's side, he stopped what he was doing and turned around. The alien was tall, taller than those outside. He swung his spear at Liam, who, thanks to the three years he spent with Natasha, effortlessly dogged and grabbed one of the spears of the fallen Wakandian guards. He spun on his knees and jammed the spear into the alien's back. Liam grinned victoriously, but that soon changed when the alien turned around and slammed the handle of the spear into his side, making him cry out in pain and fly across the room. He hit the wall pretty hard. Tears stung in his eyes as he tried to catch his breath. When he managed to blink his vision into focus again he just saw Vision falling out of the window, pushing the alien with him.

"VISION!" He screamed and his head throbbed.

Shit

Not now

"Guys, we've got a Vision situation here!" Sam spoke over the comms. Liam held back a groan as he got up, not acknowledging the sharp pain in his shoulder. He checked on princess Shuri, but she was only unconscious, so he stumbled over to the new motorcycle. He grabbed the helmet that was placed on the handlebars and put it on. It fit perfectly.

"Hello Liam." The AI spoke.

"Uh, hi. We gotta go." He said in a hurry and sat on the motorcycle.

"Activating wrum-wrum protocol."

"What?" He asked and then saw a black suit quickly slithering down his forearms. Nanotechnology. Thought Liam. "Alright, uh, what's the fastest way outta here?"

"Hold on tight." The AI said and Liam frowned. He wasn't given a chance to do much more because the motorcycle shot forward, towards the broken window.

"No, no, no, no, no! A way that I'll survive!" He screamed but the machine kept going. Well, it was nice knowing you, World.

"Do not worry. It can fly." The voice of his mother told him and he was then in the air, sailing towards Vision through the air. God, he really owed Jack and Pietro one. When he was about half-way there, the wind suddenly picked up and a shiver ran down Liam's spine.

"He's here." Someone said through the comms. Then there was a wave of red exploding from the edge of the forest. Liam pressed his body flatter against the machine, trying to get there in time to do... something. He finally saw the purple giant. He was twisting the golden gauntlet and a green wisps wrapped around his wrist. He was turning back time. Vision was now back in one piece, Wanda gaping at him with horror. Thanos reached out his hand to rip the stone from Vision's head just as Liam arrived. He flew down low, swept Vision up onto the motorcycle and shot out of there.

"YES!" He heard Jack distantly shout.

"What..." Vision asked, looking around in confusion.

"Incoming." The AI spoke and Liam swiftly changed direction as a purple ball of energy flew by. "Incoming. Incomi-Incom-Inco-Inco-"

"Yea, I got that!" Shouted Liam as he dodged multiple things thrown at them. "Was that a fucking tree?!" A blue mist suddenly wrapped around the motorcycle and they started being pulled to the ground. Liam grabbed Vision and jumped off before they could be smashed against the rocky ground. He felt something pop in his shoulder and grinded his teeth in pain. Vision was lifted from the ground by a mist of the same color. "NO! VISION!" Liam shouted and felt an intense pressure on his bones. Thanos' stones held him down.

"Your kind is persistent, I'll give you humans that." The giant said and ripped the mind stone away from Vision. Liam struggled, but it was in vain. An electricity sparked through the air. A huge battle ax buried itself into Thanos' shoulder, Thor soon arriving after it and pushing it even deeper into the gasping giant.

"I told you... You'd die for that."

"You should have... You... You should have gone for the head!" The titan said and raised his hand with the gauntlet.

"NO!" Everyone shouted.

SNAP

The golden gauntlet made a clunk noise when Thanos' finger collided with his palm. The titan let out a pained sigh and portaled himself away.

"What happened? Where did he go?!" Steve shouted at Thor.

"Steve?" They heard Bucky say. Liam turned his head just in time to see him fall to the ground and turn into dust. Liam blinked and did a double-take. Bucky wasn't the only one that disappeared. Many Wakandian soldiers, Sam, Wanda and even king T'Challa, all of them just... gone.

"Liam?" He heard from his right.

"No..." Liam thought as his eyes snapped to his brother. "JACK! PIETRO!" He yelled at them and stumbled on his feet. The two looked at him with fear.

He got a meter away from them before they both turned into dust.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?!"

"Oh, God." Natasha spoke.

"What did we do?"

Well...You guys...uh...feel bonita?