II.VI.: That's when it went to Hell

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Demanded Steve as he threw Sitwell across the rooftop.

"Never heard of it."

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Cap continued and pushed Sitwell to the very edge.

"I was throwing up, I get seasick. Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers." Steve smiled.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve stepped aside and Natasha kicked Sitwell off the roof, he plummets down, screaming. Liam snorted.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura...?"

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?"

"Yeah, she's cute."

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that." Suddenly, Sam, in his Falcon jet-pack suit with wings, flew up holding Sitwell and threw him down on the roof.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!"

"What targets?" Asked Rogers, slowly losing his patience.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future."

"The Future? How could it know?" Liam asked with worried expression. Sitwell laughs.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future."

"And what then?"

"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me."

"He's the least of your worries right now." Growled Liam.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."

-Time skip-

"Hydra doesn't like leaks." Sitwell said with slight tremble in his voice and Liam with Natasha rolled their eyes. All three of them were in the backseats, Sitwell in the middle.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam said, also annoyed with the agent.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Informed Natasha.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Said Steve, earning nods from his companions.

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea-" Then, there was a thump on the roof. Suddenly, an iron arm stuck itself into the car, missing Liam's face by inches, grabbed Sitwell and threw him out into the oncoming traffic, killing him.

"What the fuck?!" Yells Liam and Sam also curses when the steering wheel is ripped out from the car.

"Hang on!" Shouted Steve and the four of them managed to jump out of the car, sliding on the door until they stopped. Then they scattered off in different directions.

"Позаботься о своем брате.  Я могу справиться с ними сам." The Winter Solider said to the Asian assassin, who nodded and went after Liam. Natasha's eyes widened as she overheard them.

Liam isn't given much of a chance to catch his breath. He is thrown to the ground by the Asian assassin, who grins at him. Liam groaned as he felt the glass shards dig into his back. He stares up at the attacker and manages to read the text that is on his vest; ZERØ.

"The hell do you want from me?!" He shouts and dodges a punch.

"Not much." Zerø grinned and started reaching for Liam's neck.

"MOVE, BITCH!" Yelled Sam and kicked unsuspecting Zerø away. The assassin appeared to have hit his head and didn't get up.

"Oh gee I owe you now, huh? We have to get to the other two. Cover me?" Wheezed Liam and Sam nodded. He hopped down from the bridge onto a truck and from the truck on the ground. Sam started shooting, covering Liam from the enemies' fire.

"You alright?!" Asked Liam when he took cover next to the red head. She looked at him with aa expression that basically said: I don't know, does the hole in my shoulder look pleasant?

"Stupid question, sorry."

"Bucky?" He heard Steve say a few cars away.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" Growled Winter Solider with raspy voice. Liam was doing his best trying to stop Natasha's bleeding but soon heard many heavy cars pulling over.

"I guess this is the end of the line, eh?" He whispered when he saw the Shield Strike team coming out with guns.

"I sure hope it's not." Said Natasha back and offered Liam one of her honest smiles.

"We, after all, still have a lot of shit to sort out."

And Liam couldn't help but smile back.

BANG//Marvelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें