Chapter 10

And Minho waited. He waited all the rest of the school year, but Jisung never came, never accepted.

Until Minho's last day of highschool, Jisung has been doing nothing but avoiding him. He ran away from him as much as he could. Minho tried, for a few months, he tried hard to get the boy to talk to him. But as time was passing by, he grew tired of it too.

Jisung had been numb during this time.

He would cry himself to sleep, every night, and then go to school and act as if nothing was happening, joining Felix who tried to cheer him as much as he could, but to no avail.

Jisung had to walk to school alone every morning. He had to calm his panic attacks with the help of only Felix, who never brought as much comfort as Minho used to.

Felix and Jisung continued their Friday night, but it never felt the same. It was more silent, they never ate the good meals Minho used to cook, and Jisung never fell asleep on Minho's lap, his hand caressing his hair. It was over

Minho started hanging around his other friend group, along with his girlfriend. He stopped running after Jisung and as months went by, they acted as if they didn't know each other. He still saw Felix, they had their dance class often, and they ate together at lunch when Jisung didn't eat.

Felix had a hard time knowing what to do. His two friends separated, and he never knew with who he should be. But he naturally got used to it, but he continued missing one when he was hanging with the other.

Felix also had to take a lot of his time for Jisung. If Felix wasn't there, Jisung would have been sulking in his bed, not moving and not eating. He had been a strong emotional support for him.

Minho still sent Jisung a happy birthday, but he never received anything back. He also went to a restaurant with Felix the next day, celebrating his birthday too. But that was it, nothing more, nothing less.

Minho understood Jisung's anger, for some parts. He knew that what he did was terrible, and never he minimized it. But still, he was confused, even if the way he acted was bad, he didn't think he deserved to be completely out of the younger's life. It made him angry at one point. How could he destroy 14 years of close friendship just because of a date he forgot? Minho was still in the dark from that, and it affected him deeply. He was hurt, hurt that his best friend was no longer by his side, and he felt guilty that it was his fault.

The hardest was the day of Minho's graduation ceremony. He sent him a message, hoping Jisung would answer.

Han Jisung

Hello Jisung, I hope you're doing well. Today is my official last day in highschool, and I wish I could say goodbye to you properly. Are you coming to the ceremony? I'll be waiting for you.

Minho could never describe the pit in his stomach when he sent it.

___

Do not answer

Hello Jisung, I hope you're doing well. Today is my official last day in highschool, and I wish I could say goodbye to you properly. Are you coming to the ceremony? I'll be waiting for you.

-Seen

Jisung read the message so many times he lost count. He couldn't bring himself to answer him, and couldn't bring himself to go to the ceremony. So he did what he thought was the most rational decision: he erased Minho's number from his phone, suppressing their conversation. Minho was leaving anyway, it was over

___

Minho couldn't be happy the day of his graduation. Felix was there, and his girlfriend was there, but Minho could just think about Jisung.

When he never received any answer, he knew it was over.

Minho went home crying that day, and he cried himself to sleep.