Chapter 8

At first, Jisung was still trying to keep contact with the older boy, but now, he didn't even have enough strength to.

Minho

Hey Hannie

I'm sorry but I won't be there this friday

I promise I'll be there the next one, I'll cook something nice

What? why?

I'm meeting Miyeon's friends from her last school

This is really important to me

okay

-Seen

The friday's night meant a lot for Jisung. It was their routine since middle school.

Jisung felt offended by the lack of consideration from Minho. Maybe it was over, maybe their friendship was at some breaking point. Jisung felt sad enough from his heartbreak, from his one-sided love, but this... He wasn't just saying goodbye to his crush, he was saying goodbye to his long time best friend. His heart was bleeding and there was nothing he could do to get better.

This friday night was sad. Jisung was just crying on his couch, while Felix was trying to cheer him up, to no avail.

"You should ask to see him" Felix said

"No, i'm tired of trying" Jisung explained

"At least one last time, and if he doesn't comply, then you can stop trying" Felix explained "And maybe you could think of.. you know.."

"What?"

"Maybe confess? Maybe let him understand how hurt you are?"

"I would never. He would fill with guilt, I can't do that to him when he is about to be in a relationship" Jisung said, sure of himself

"Then maybe, just make him understand how it's hard for you to see him distance himself"

"Maybe..."

"Text him"

"Now?"

"Yes!"

Jisung took his phone, unsure.

Minho

Coffee date this week?

Wait lemme just see when i'm available

Felix snickered at Minho's answer. "Available? who does he think he is" He commented. Jisung didn't say anything, the message hurt him.

I'm free wednesday

Okay, then wednesday!

-Seen

"He seems bored already" Jisung said, putting his phone down and letting out a huge sigh.

___

On Wednesday, Jisung was a bit too excited for his own liking. He didn't want to admit it, but seeing Minho, just the two of them, really made him feel better.

He ran to his house, wanting to prepare himself.

As he arrived, his parents were there. He ignored them, not answering their hellos, and went to his room. He took his time to get ready, he put on his nicest clothes, and even tried a hairstyle, trying to show a bit of his forehead. Minho always said it looked good on him. He looked at himself in the mirror, feeling somehow acceptable.