CHAPTER 5:FRIENDSHIP BEGINS

03.10.1994

It's almost been a month my boyfriend had left me.But my friend oro was always by my side.

I can see that his shy behavior has beginning to change. He began to defend me for my fights with others.

He even threatens the boys who tries to hit on me.

I am happy, but I want him to have other friends besides me too.I want him to overcome his past.

He had a stepmother and stepsister.They did not treat him too well.

He was afraid to tell about it even to his father .It was me who confessed the ugly truth of his stepmother to his father.

As soon as he heard it,he immediately kicked the stepmother out of the house,but kept his daughter.However,his daughter had his blood.

But Amanda, the stepmother got the custody of her daughter,through legal sanctions.

So now it's just oro and his father.

By the way,oro and me are on our way to the store to buy a cake to celebrate my father's return from military.

'You gotta be careful,a serial killer is on the loose.' Oro said to me.

'If he comes after me ,I will just let him take me.And I will find out about his plans ,expose him to police and my name will be on newspaper, ' I said in a playful manner.

Oro just chuckled at me.We crossed the park,where we first met as children.

I remember clearly,it was a rainy day.Honestly there is no spring in my life.

Whatever ,he was sitting around a corner, shivering like a puppy.I shared my Hoodie with him.

Eventhough we both were completely drenched,we did not remove the Hoodie from our heads and we kept on running.

From that moment oro began to follow me around.He would peek from his hide out.It was annoying at first, but later I found it cute.

Then eventually we became best of friends.

When I was lost in thoughts oro called me.

' I want to tell you something ' he fiddled with his fingers.

'Go on ' I said.

He hesitated a bit.

"Dinners ready" gramma's screaming was heard to the whole house.

"Gramma I was just getting to the best part." Sade whined to her.

"That's for later.The baby needs food ,so eat." Sherese scolded her.

Sade nodded her head.

"Btw,when is grampa coming home." Sade asked while stuffing her mouth with food.

"His vacation ends at the time of your delivery date.He wil be here when your baby arrives." Gramma said with a smile.

"Your birthday is around the corner. Shall we go and visit-" before gramma could finish the sentence, Sade abruptly stopped her.

"Gramma ,please dont" Sade said in a gritted voice.

" Sorry gramma,I ll eat later." Sade said and went to her room.

She sighed and lied down on her bed,thinking about one of her unforgettable birthdays.

TO BE CONTINUED.....