Part 12 - Holy Swords

F/c - Favorite Color

It had been a week since the party, and I was currently getting ready for school. I put on the shirt which I left unbuttoned revealing a f/c t-shirt underneath.

I made my way to school, walking into class taking my seat by Issei.

Y/n: Yo, Issei what's up?

Issei: Hey man, nothing really but we're having the club meeting at my house while the ORC has it's spring cleaning.

Y/n: Alright, so where's your pervert friends?

Issei: Probably getting beat by the kendo club again.

Y/n: They'll never learn.

Class started soon after that causing me to zone out. By the end of class I began to feel my bloodlust, meaning it had been to long since I last fed.

I quickly left the classroom and went to the student council office to find Sona.

Y/n: Sona, I need blood!

Sona: Specifically human right?

I nodded at which she allowed me to leave school to feed. I made my way to the edge of town to a secret club for vampires to feed.

I showed my fangs to the doorman, to which he quickly led me inside.

Victoria: Hey, y/n what's up?

Y/n: I need blood.

She nodded and led me into the back, where several humans sat with a dazed look in their eyes. When vampires feed we often mess with the memories of the human to make the event not so traumatic.

I made my way to the nearest, a human girl with blonde hair and grey eyes. I immediately latched on to her neck, and began to drink.

I continued to drink until I felt the bloodlust reside. I then quickly left and made my way to Issei's house.

His mom let me in and I made my way up to his room.

Y/n: What's up bitches, what did I miss?

Kiba: Hey, y/n!

Akeno: Hey, Love!

Koneko: Yo.

Issei: Hey bro, you didn't miss anything we're just starting.

I took my seat in the middle of Kiba and Akeno. Then Rias started going over contract numbers.

Rias: In first place is, Akeno with 11.

Akeno: That's right.

Rias: Koneko, 10.

Koneko: Sounds good.

Rias: Kiba had 8.

Kiba: I did.

Rias: 3 for Asia.

Asia: Yay!

Kiba: No way, that's really impressive Asia!

Akeno: Good for you, lady! You should be proud of yourself!

Koneko: Especially considering your brand new at contracts.

Y/n: Their right, that's really good Asia!

Asia: Oh my, thank you so much!

Rias: And Issei....0.

Issei: I'm an embarrassment.

Y/n: That you are!

Issei: NO ONE ASKED YOUR OPINION!!!

Y/n: Relax kid, I'm just busting your balls.

Rias: You know, if you don't work hard and get contracts you'll never become a high ranking devil.

Issei: Yeah, yeah I get it. This month I'm gonna do what it takes to get first place!

Issei's mom then walked in and started showing everyone pictures of Issei as a kid. The girls minus Koneko were giggling while me and Kiba were looked at a picture with Issei and some kid, with a sword in the background.

Y/n: You see that sword?

Kiba: Yeah, you know what it is?

Y/n: Yeah, a holy sword right?

Issei: What's a holy sword?

Kiba: It's funny, I never thought I would see it in a picture with you. I guess anything is possible huh?

For the rest of the meeting Kiba was acting distant. After the meeting I walked down the street with him to talk.

Y/n: Alright Kiba, what is it with you and the holy swords? You been acting weird.

Kiba: It's nothing...

Y/n: Don't give me that bullshit dude, I know you well enough by now to know something is wrong.

Kiba: I remembered my purpose, that is to say the reason I fight. I want revenge for what the holy sword project did to me.

I knew about the project, it was an experiment to try to artificially raise people to weilder an Excalibur. When the project failed the subjects were disposed of.

Y/n: Kiba...listen man...I'll help you in any way I can.

Kiba: I appreciate it, but this is my revenge not yours.

Y/n: I understand, but you know that your a devil going up against holy swords. Your gonna need help.

Kiba: Maybe your right, but I'd like to at least attempt on my own first.

Y/n: That's fine, but remember I'm here if you need me.

Kiba: Thanks, my friend.

I nodded to him before heading home to see Azazel sitting on my couch, DRINKING MY LIQUOR!!!

Y/n: WHO SAID YOU COULD DRINK MY LIQUOR?!?!

Azazel: Sorry, but I poured you a glass as well.

I took the drink from him, and sat across from him.

Y/n: So what brings you to my neck of the woods?

Azazel: I was hoping to talk to your boy Ares.

Ares: I am here, what might the Governor General of the Fallen Angels want?

Azazel: I wanted to talk to you about the possible abilities that y/n might develop with your power.

Ares: To be honest, I have no idea. My champions tend to have unique evolution. The red wave of energy used by him at the engagement party is a power no other has had before him. He has potential to be the strongest champion I've ever had.

Azazel: Interesting, do you think if I train him he could unlock more of your power?

Ares: It is possible, he could unlock balance breaker quite soon.

Azazel: Balance Breaker huh? Alright, thank you for your time Lord Ares.

Ares: It's no trouble, not like I'm busy or anything.

Azazel: Y/n, I want you to train with Vali, and his team to try to unlock your balance breaker.

Y/n: Sure, whatever.

Azazel left shortly after that, and Vali came by to train me. Which consisted of him in his balance breaker, fighting me while I try to use more of Ares' power.

Later I needed to get some sleep, so I made my way to my room to see Akeno on my bed passed out.

That's the start of season 2, and the holy sword arc. I'll see you all for the next chapter.

PotrovaMalachia