Part 6 - It begins

Issei POV

Rias: Issei, your going to need to use your sacred gear for this. Can you handle that?

It was the final day of training camp. We were all standing around the back of Rias' summer home.

Issei: Of course, but you said not to use it during training camp.

Rias: You weren't supposed to use it without my permission. Kiba would you mind partnering with him?

Kiba: No not at all, I'm not going easy on you.

Issei: Well neither am I, Boosted Gear!!!

My gear appeared on my arm, and Kiba grabbed a wooden practice sword and got in a stance.

Rias: Alright, Issei boost as much as you can!

Issei: Right! Boosted Gear go!!

BOOST!!

Issei: Again!

BOOST!!

Rias: Keep going Issei!

Issei: More!

Issei: Keep going!

Issei: We can do this!

This process kept repeating for a few more time until I lost count.

Rias: Alright, stop!!

Akeno: What was that, like 12 boosts in a row?

Rias: This is the result of your training Issei. You've never been able to indure this much power for this long before. You're up Kiba!!

Kiba ran at me with his sword, but I blocked with my gauntlet and threw him back.

Rias: Good Issei, now release it all on him!

I activated my new ability, to release all my power in one blast.

EXPLOSION!!

A small red ball appeared in front of my fist.

Issei: What, that's all I have?!

Rias: Trust yourself!!

I shot the ball at Kiba, I watched him dodge but the ball of energy continued. It flew straight into a mountain and blew the top off of it.

Rias: That's incredible!

Asia: I can't believe that came out of Issei!

Rias: So what do you think Kiba, he's improving isn't he?

Kiba: I'll say, that attack was better than anything he's ever thrown at me.

Rias: Issei, you have become the linchpin of this game! See how much stronger you've become.

Before I could say anything I blacked out from exhaustion.

...

Y/n POV

It was the day before the rating game, and I was just exiting the school. I made my way to my home only to see Vali on my couch.

Vali: It's the day before the game, tell me brother. Do you believe you've made the right choice?

Y/n: I don't know to be honest...

Vali: You know their just using you right?

Y/n: Who?

Vali: Rias, and her whole peerage.

Y/n: Of course, it is a devils nature to use. However, as much as I may want to not love her, I can't help myself.

Vali: And what if they betray you, it's not if actually, but when.

Y/n: Well I guess....

I thought about it for a moment. Then once I had my answer, I activated my gear and cocked the guns.

Y/n: ...I'll kill every last one of them.

Vali smiled at my answer, then sighed and asked a new question.

Vali: Are you sure you will be able to kill the woman you love?

Y/n: You know as well as I do, in betrayal things change. If they betray me I have no doubt I will kill them all.

Vali: That's the answer I wanted to hear. I'll tell you now, if that time comes....well family must stick together right?

Y/n: Your damn right. And you and I are the only family we have left.

We shake hands as a silent agreement is formed, we will not abandon each other, no matter what.

...

We were all back in school, it was the day of the rating game. All of us we're currently in the ORC clubroom.

Rias was sitting behind her desk, with Akeno to her right. Issei and Asia were sitting on one of the couches. Kiba was sitting on the opposite couch, polishing his sword. Koneko sat beside Kiba, adjusting her gloves.

I stood, leaned against the wall. No one had spoken since I got here about an hour ago.

Issei: Is no one gonna say anything?

Y/n: There's nothing to say, other than good luck.

Just then a white magic circle appeared on the floor. Out of the circle came Grayifa.

Grayifa: It's almost time, Lady Rias.

Rias: Of course, is everyone ready?

Everyone nodded there heads, just as they all stepped on the magic circle, Sona and Tsubaki walked in.

Rias: Sona, why are you here?

Sona: Not only am I in charge of the broadcast, but this is your first rating game I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Rias: I promise to make it interesting for you, just keep the play by play fair.

Sona: Oh I'll keep it clean, though if I was a betting girl I'd bet your gonna beat that scumbag.

Rias: Thanks.

Grayfiya: Also, Sirzechs has requested your presence, Lord Lucifer.

Y/n: Of course.

I walked over to Grayfiya, and waved to everyone before teleporting out into a surveillance room with cameras everywhere.

Sirzechs: Glad you could join us, y/n.

Y/n: Good to be here.

Sirzechs: Tell me what do you think her chances of winning are?

Y/n: I'd say about 80:20 in favor of Riser. It's unfortunate I know but that is my unbiased opinion.

Sirzechs: Yes it appears we will have to go through with the backup plan.

I looked at the cameras and saw that the game was about to begin.

Y/n: It would seem so...

Shorter chapter, but next is the rating game which will probably last about two chapters. Thanks for reading!

PotrovaMalachia