Part 9 - Win at all Costs

I made my way to Issei's house. I heard from Sirzechs that he was here, still unconscious.

I knocked on the door only to get no answer. I then remembered that Sirzechs also said his parents were out of town.

I opened the door and looked around, I needed to find his room. I walked around until I went upstairs and opened the first door I found.

Asia: Y/n?!

Y/n: Hey Asia, do you know where Issei is?

Asia: Yeah I just came from his room, he just woke up.

She lead me down the hall a little bit, until we came to a door.

Asia: This is his room, but what are you gonna do?

Y/n: I'm gonna keep my promise...

I opened the door to see Issei sitting up in bed, looking depressed. I walked over to him and sat down beside him.

Issei: I'm sorry y/n, I couldn't keep my promise. My best wasn't good enough, I hope you and Rias can forgive me.

Y/n: It's ok Issei, you tried your best, and that's all I can ask.

Issei: Still though, I failed I wasn't good enough. If it was you in that game instead of me we would have won.

Y/n: You can't compare yourself to me, Issei. I've had my entire life to master my powers, you've had a month.

Issei: Thanks, but I still feel like shit.

Y/n: Let me tell you a story Issei, a story of a time I failed. You see I had a brother, and I allowed our peice of shit father to beat him everyday.

Issei: Why would you do that?

Y/n: Because I was young and stupid, and I was afraid. I've regretted my decision everyday of my life.

Issei: Do you still see him? Your brother I mean.

Y/n: For a long time, we didn't speak to each other not that I blame him. He was angry for a good reason...

...
Flashback

I was in my family home talking with my mother when I heard Vali scream.

Y/n: Mom, why does dad hate Vali so much?

Mother: If you want my honest opinion, I think he's scared of him.

Y/n: Why?

Mother: He's the White Dragon Emperor, his power will one day be incredible.

Y/n: Is that really a good reason?

Mother: No it's not...

I began to walk away from my mother, walking in the direction of the screams. I soon came to the door that leads to Vali's room.

I slowly opened the door to see blood all over the floor, and all over a silver haired and blue eyed kid. This was my brother Vali, he had bruises all over and dad had a leather strap in his hand.

Dad: GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE Y/N!!!

I looked to Vali to see him mouth the words 'help me' I was shocked. How could dad do this? I hung my head in shame and disgust, and walked out of the door.

...
Flashback over

Y/n: The next time I saw my brother I couldn't even look him in the eyes. This went on for years until he ran away when he was 14.