Chapter Sixty-Eight: A Foolish Bloodline

Start from the beginning

"No! Not here! You're gonna fuck up my hair or something!" Immediately pushing him off, you looked around for a mirror.

With a sharp whine, he started to complain, "When have you ever cared about appearances?"

"I could give less of a shit to what I wear, but I can't embarrass my parents. Fix your tie again, I accidentally pushed it out of place."

"Why does it matter if we embarrass them? We embarrass eachother all the time."

"Because, I don't know. It's just the way they are." With a frustrating sigh, you turned your entire body to face him. "Fix the damn tie."

"Can't you do it for me? You know how to do it right."

"What? No, I'm not your mother."

"Guess it's never getting fixed then."

Now he was acting like a child. Threatening to embarrass you infront of your parents was the highest treason. A sin within itself.

Quickly, you took the tie and pulled him towards you, letting it tightly wrap around his neck.

"Let's talk about some rules for tonight, shall we?" Adjusting his tie as you talked, you went on. "No eating unless given permission. You will speak when spoken too. No elbows on the table. Do NOT mention that we've spent the night together- much less been alone. Don't mention the kidnapping.
And, most importantly, you will speak out loud and act responsibly."

You finished moving his tie, and gave it one final tight press against his chest with the palm of your hand.

"This sounds like a business meeting."

"It is a business meeting. It's basically a debate to whether or not I'm going to remain here in Japan."

Kusuo felt his heart freeze.

Losing you because of the foolish way he acted was...horrible. Indescribable, in fact.

"Understand why I care so much now?" It was a lie. In fact, right now you just needed Kusuo to act like your boyfriend. For him to act affected. That was enough for them to cure your curse and free you.

"I-I understand." He hesitated for a moment, unsure that he wanted to speak out loud infront of strangers.

He glanced at your face for a moment. But...how could he hesitate with anything when you were on the line. You were worth it.

"Alright, let's start planning ahead. What do you want to eat?"

"Probably coffee jell-"

Bitch slapping him across the face was enough to get him to stop.

"What the hell, Y/N?!" He was pissed. Rightfully so.

"Pain is the best teacher. How do you think I know all of this?" Raising an eyebrow, you saw the anger flush out from his face and turn into a kind of morbid worry.

"That's...not good." He blinked a few times. "No matter. We can discuss it later when we're alone." Kusuo made a strong mental note to take care of your mental issues later in a more appropriate setting. Right now he had to deal with a much greater issue.