Chapter Forty-Nine: Pissy Stalker-Boy

"Kuusuke!" Kusuo angrily grumbled as his brother calmly walked up from the steps.

"Damn, you really hit the lowest point in your life, huh?" Kuusuke rolled his eyes and trailed over to the couch. An unfamiliar phone was on the table adjacent to it. 

"Kuusuke, dear, how did she seem?" Mrs. Saiki questioned, standing by her younger son to keep him at bay.

"She was kind of nice. The exact same as last time." He said, picking up the phone on the table and unlocking it. "Hey, whose phone is this?"

"Mine! Don't touch it."

"It's Y/N's, Kusuo took it from her so she wouldn't be able to call the cops and such." Their mother rolled her eyes and trailed over to the front door. "Your father and I will be back in a bit. Don't give the poor girl a hard time, she doesn't need this extra stress and all."

Mr. Saiki, who was across the living room, quickly stood up and sprinted over to his wife. 

***

"Hey, Y/N." Kuusuke greeted you as you were led up from the basement by Kusuo.

"Don't talk to her." He responded, immediately grabbing your hand and guiding you to somewhere you've never been.

"Whack-ass little brother..." You heard the older mumble under his breath. 

Kusuo sharply turned into a dark room that you immediately assumed was his bedroom.

"God, I hate him." He mumbled, turning on the light. "I-I'm sorry you had to deal with him, Y/N."

You didn't respond but simply gave him a mindless stare. 

"Ah, you're still mad..." Kusuo sighed and sat on his bed, taking a single, blue pillow and resting on it. You followed his lead and sat on the wooden floor.

His room was...sad. Bookshelves lined some corners while his desk had a single pencil on it. Even his bed represented his pathetic personality with the blankets folded neatly.

"You know, one time, Airua was on my bed, naked." He tried to make conversation but only got an odd glance from you. "Not that we did anything!"

Again, you didn't say anything. 

If Kusuo was anything like Vincent, which he probably was, there would be some kind of indicator of you somewhere. With Vincent, it was an entire shrine decoration with various photos of you. Some with a concerning fluid on them.

"W-What! I don't have anything like that in here." The psychic, who you entirely forgot about, decided to get a new way of communication between the two of you.

"You do. I know you do." You brokenly thought. It was hard to stay awake right now. You didn't trust Kusuo enough to sleep around him. At least, not anymore.

He was silent for a moment, uncomfortably fidgeting with the fabric he felt inside the pillowcase.

"Well, it's not like it matters! You'd let me have it even if you knew."

"He's the delusional type," You thought, thinking about how Vincent was more of a sadistic type. Maybe they truly were different.

"D-Delusional?! That hurts, Y/N." Kusuo smiled playfully before slipping onto the floor next to you. "And, I know you love me...I've read your mind before."

"I loved you."

"Well, if you loved me before, it won't take long before you love me again."

You rolled your eyes, turning your head to face his bookshelf. Anything to occupy your mind besides looking at him.

"Come on, Y/N..." Kusuo tried to redirect your attention back to him, "Please, just give me a little of your attention. Maybe just a kiss?"

You opened your mouth to let out an insult that would most likely be considered a verbal war crime but decided against it. Even if it didn't seem like it, Kusuo could murder you right here, at this very moment. 

"Hey, Kusuo!" Kuusuke kicked open the door to his little brother's room. "I'm playin' a card game with Y/N."

"Excuse me? She's my girlfriend! I decide what she can and can't do." Kusuo suddenly stood up and lashed out at his brother.

"It ain't up to you! Y/N, do you know how to play poker?"

"Uhm..." You went silent for a minute. Both males stared at you; each with a different goal in mind. "Y-Yeah, I know how to play."

Standing up slowly, you could feel Kusuo's eyes drill into the back of your head.

"If you leave, I'm going to expect something to repay this lost time, Y/N."  Kusuo lightly reached out for you but gave up halfway through upon noticing that you were too far away.

You didn't respond but only hurried out of the room quicker with Kuusuke sending a large glare to the more insane sibling.

"Relax, dude. She isn't going anywhere." He scoffed and closed the door behind him, leaving Kusuo alone in his room.

***

"Are you cheating?" You asked, noticing that Kuusuke's won for a while with barely any trouble.

"I've been cheating for the past hour, Y/N." He laughed, placing down his current hand. It was a royal straight flush.

"...Fuck you." Laughing, you threw down your own hand in defeat.

"Don't let Kusuo hear you saying that, he might get jealous."

The two of you shared a quick chuckle before you remembered why you were in this situation in the first place. The laugh quieted down and you were left with the sad realization that you couldn't be normal. 

"...go fish?" Kuusuke offered, seeing your sad expression.

"As long as you don't cheat again." You mumbled playfully, trying to ignore the feelings being built up in your throat.

***

Kusuo sat on his bed. Your bra was neatly folded next to him while his phone buzzed from across the room. 

"What did I do wrong?" He mumbled, standing up and walking over to his desk. "I-I mean, I was just doing this in her best interest...I swear, I wasn't planning to hurt her or anything..."

He could feel emotions build up in his throat and release through his eyes. He was crying. 

"I just wanted to love her."

Kusuo hesitated for a moment before picking up his phone and seeing a message from someone he'd never thought would ever text him. It was nearly impossible to take them seriously, but maybe they would help Y/N open up a little more...