Chapter Thirteen: A Foolish Theif

"Uhm..." You hesitated. Right now, you your social battery was completely drained. You wanted nothing more than to go home and taking the biggest fucking nap of your life but Saiki would most likely want to hang out with you afterwards and-

"I'll just walk you home. I promise I won't stay." The mind reading asshole pulled his stunt once more.

"O-oh, uhm, thanks," you mumbled out, now feeling bad for thinking in your own brain.

Saiki waved goodbye to his friends and the two of you began exiting the mall and walking down the streets.

Much to your dismay, as the days get colder, the day becomes shorter and shorter and it felt like it was already sunset.

The weird feeling washed over you as Saiki guided you through the crowds of people.

"I wonder what it'd be like to jump off a roof into a pile of snow." You thought to yourself, allowing your mind to wonder off since the pink haired male had taken control, "I mean, obviously they say don't eat yellow snow but what would someone do if they just saw red snow? I would eat it..."

"What the fuck, Y/N,"

Saikis intrusive thought barged you out of your mind and you now realized he was standing infront of you, gaping.

"I was just wondering! Don't take anything too seriously!" You attempted to defend yourself but he didn't listen and began to scold you.

"So if you just came upon a crime scene in the middle of winter, you'd just dig in?!"

"No, of course not! I meant like..." You trailed off, realizing that what he said was exactly what you meant.

"Psycho..." He mumbled softly.

Rolling your eyes, you quickly glanced around at your surroundings and saw your apartment building. The black strings on your bag became heavier, feeling as if they were cutting into your skin. From the sidewalk, you could see your apartments gigantic windows with the curtains neatly put up.

Taking a sigh, you sharply turned into the giant glass doors leading into the building; the security guard quickly glancing up from his phone.

***

"Thanks, Saiki," You smiled, opening your apartment door. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Y-yeah..." Saiki looked down at the ground, hiding his blushing face. "Hey, do you want to eat dinner with me and my fam-" He cut himself off when he saw your door was closed.

"Text me later!" You shouted from behind it, dismissing the pink haired boy.

Changing out of your uncomfortable school uniform, you threw on your pajamas and tossed your clothes in a random pile behind the door of your bedroom.

You turned on your phone and opened your music app. Blasting your favorite song as loud as you could, you confidently sang the lyrics even though you knew you sounded horrible.

No one could hear you anyway!

***

Saiki found himself standing infront of your apartment door. He couldn't leave, even if he wanted to.