chapter 8

Third pov.

Days went by and Haruko was getting better little by little. There was not much change the only thing they could be relieved about is that she was able to sit up for at least 30 minutes now. But even after these many days Haruko' still hasn't said anything. The Akatsuki members always visited the made small talks or more like just then talking every time they came by. Daidara was the most nosy one. Not that Haruko didn't enjoy his company either. But with Itachi it was a totally different case. Whenever Itachi was near she always stared at him never looking away and never said a word. It was as if even though the blonde girl doesn't remember much about their past she still had some kind of bond with him. Lately Itachi started mentioning their past how they were where they lived their family even Obito contributed. She was always eager to listen more especially about their brothers. Itachi's voice always breaks whenever he mentions them.
Days went by like this month has passed and there was no longer any good progress in Haruko's health. It was as if her body had given up and it was at its limit. It could not heal anymore. All this time it was forcing itself to keep alive but now it was tired. Orochimaru didn't give up. It was later diagnosed that it was not just her physical body but also her mind. It was tired. It no longer wanted to live anymore. When he informed the others they were all devastated. It was really pitiful. How old was she. 18 20 how much did she suffer for her soul to be tired to the point of giving up. This was the time where she was supposed to start living. Itachi didn't take the news too well either. From then on Itachi started spending more time with her to the point of making others worry about the raven haired man. It was not that they didn't want him to spend time with her it was that during all this the raven haired man had forgotten something very important about himself.
About 3 years after Itachi first joined the Akatsuki on the way back from his mission with Kisame Itachi fainted due to a severe headache. Itachi has been complaining about these headaches and blurry vision for quite some time now but never tested it out because he didn't want to worry the others. When he fainted Kisame carried him to Orochimaru where multiple tests were conducted on him. It took his 8 days to walk up. Everyone in the base was worried sick. When he woke up relief spread over everyone but Orochimaru had a serious face on him. "Itachi I don't know what or how I should convey this news to you..." The snake sanin said in a worried and sad voice. "what is it" Itachi somewhat had an idea of what was going on he just needed confirmation. The snake sanin noticed this 'ofcauses he knows. It's Itachi we are talking about' Orochimaru cleared his throat took a deep breath and finally said "4 years. You only have 4 more years with the help of treatment" he finally said. It was silent then "I see" that was all what he said "'i see'?!? Itachi I just said that you only have 4 more years to live. Boy you are not even 20 yet. Itachi be more upset don't accept it like that. Don't you want to live. Don't you at least want to know why you are dying" Orochimaru yelled frustrated with tears in his eyes Itachi only smiled in response.

Since then Orochimaru has been forcing Itachi to undergo different treatments and was on medication everyday and everything was stable until this day

Since then Orochimaru has been forcing Itachi to undergo different treatments and was on medication everyday and everything was stable until this day. Ever since Haruko was brought back to the base Itachi's treatment has been unstable. Orochimaru always dragged the raven haired man with him for his medicine and now after the news about Haruko was delivered Itachi doesn't even budge from where he was sitting. Haruko was sleeping "Itachi it's time for your medicine" konan said placing her hand on his shoulder. No response. Sigh* "Itachi I know it's hard. It's hard for us too. We have also become attached to the girl. And we all know how much she means to you more than anyone here. Itachi you need strength to look after her don't you. Take your medicine and get better then help Haruko too." Konan said "Konan...." Itachi called softly not taking his eyes off the sleeping girl. "Hmm" she responded happy that she got a reply. "Tell me the truth... Do you think she will make it" Konan didn't know what to say. She didn't expect him to ask this out of nowhere. Konan eyes drifted from Itachi to the sleeping blonde. She couldn't respond. She didn't know. She didn't want to give him false hope. Not getting any reply Itachi continued "I know. I know the answer. And it's painful. I don't know if I will be able to carry it if my assumption turns out to be true. I don't want to go through it again Konan. Seeing her in pain I don't have the will to live either. I wish I could just take her place. How long do you think she might have waited for us. Do you think she might have wished she had died when she went to sleep. Do you think that she believed that her village will come and save her. Do you think that she believed that I will come and save her." Itachi said with each question his hands tightened tears dripped from his face. "Do-do y-you think tha-that that s-she--" Itachi could say anymore and he burst into tears. Konan couldn't do anything other than pat his back and give him some comfort. Itachi continued crying. All the pain he kept inside all the feelings everything broke out at that time. The purple haired woman has never seen this man like this. she didn't say anything. Unknown to then just outside the room another Uchiha stood there leaning his back against the wall tears rolling down his scared face trying his best not to let out his voice and let the others know that he was also there to listen to their conversation.

 Unknown to then just outside the room another Uchiha stood there leaning his back against the wall tears rolling down his scared face trying his best not to let out his voice and let the others know that he was also there to listen to their conve...