An Anniversary To Haunt One's Mind

On the morning of the start of the Christmas Holidays, Harry met Severus and Remus down in the dungeons, with his trunk and Hedwig, where Remus told him to go a week ago. He was thinking about telling them what he wants to do after Hogwarts, but as he neared them by the Potion's classroom, he eventually told them.

"So... I was thinking of starting up a home for wizard and witch orphans, and students of Hogwarts that grew up in abusive households just like I have," Harry says as they walk into the Potions Classroom and to Severus' office. "I don't want them going through the same thing I did, and I want this place to feel homely and welcome to them."

Severus and Remus looked at each other, looking a little uncertain. But they supported their son with his choice.

"Harry, we're so proud that you want to create such an intriguing and profound career," Severus says, grabbing the vase of Floo Powder from over the mantle top and handing Harry it. "But how are you going to start it up? Where is this place going to be located?"

"I'm still thinking about that," Harry says, taking a pinch of Floo Powder from inside the vase. "I was thinking about Grimmauld Place." He then shrugs. "I dunno. It will come to my mind in the future." He throws the Floo Powder into the Floo, walks in the emerald green flames, and says "Snape Household." His father's office disappeared, and he walked into the lounge room of his father's living room. He quickly heads up to his bedroom where he puts his trunk and Hedwig's cage on his bed and then goes back to the lounge room to see his two fathers entering in.

"And what does Draco want to do?" Remus asks Harry, leading him to the lounge chair to sit down. Severus had disappeared from the lounge room into the kitchen.

"Draco wants to become a Mental healer," Harry tells him, sitting down with him on the black couch. "Well, a therapist," he corrects himself. "He wants to help people who live stressful lives or have been victims of abuse, to get better. He said he liked hearing what the Muggle Therapist Ivy and I went to told us, and he wants to do something similar."

Remus nodded his head. "That sure sounds like an interesting career," he says lightly, smiling as Severus comes into the lounge room with two grey mugs of tea in his hands. "Maybe you and Draco can become work partners, I don't know." He grabs the cup of tea from Severus. "Like... you can have your institution, and Draco can have his clinic if he decides to."

Harry nods, liking the idea of working with Draco. But the question is where the safehouse institution will be and how it's going to get built unless he buys some kind of property. And now that he had Draco on his mind, he wanted to go see him. But that would mean going back to Hogwarts, which he doesn't mind doing. He'd just Floo into Severus' office then look for Draco in the common room or Great Hall. Draco would be taking the train back to Platform 9 ¾ to go home, and Harry was allowed to stay over at Malfoy Manor for a few hours. "Well, I'm off. I'll be back at six."

"Have fun," Remus says once Harry gets up from the couch and walks over to the Floo, and he blows on his tea. "And be safe. Don't talk to strangers."

Harry snorts. He's never been told not to talk to strangers. The Dursleys only told him to be quiet when out in public with them. "I won't," he reassures his two fathers'. "Though Hagrid was a stranger when I first met him."

"Hagrid was sent by Dumbledore, wasn't he?" Severus asked, and Harry thought for a moment before he nodded. "Right, so he had a purpose of coming to see you."

"Well, yeah," Harry replies flatly, reaching his hand in the dark vase to grab a pinch of Floo Powder as he remembered the daily torture from the Dursleys he used to get. Worthless, you are. He blinked away the bad voice to add, "But I know better than to talk to strangers, thank you. Goodbye!" He Flooed back to Severus' office and went in search of Draco around Hogwarts. He searched the Slytherin common room and the boy's dorms but couldn't find him. He even asked around the Slytherin common room if anyone has seen them. Only a few had seen Draco exit the common room with Pansy and Blaise a few minutes ago. Damn it, he thought. I missed him.