Chapter 70 - The Finale

Start from the beginning

Pearl leaned down to press a kiss on Venus' pale forehead before continuing quietly, "Please come back soon or else I'm going to become crazy. The more days pass by, the more pain accumilates in my chest. I'm afraid to take my eyes off you and not see you again. I'm willing to wait my whole life for you, but I'm also suffering inside. I need you, Venus. I can't live without you. Please don't leave me. When will you wake up?"

She lifted Venus' hand, placing it on her cheek. There was so much warmth in that single touch and it helped Pearl relax somehow. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths. Venus' delicate fragrance made her weak. The more she inhaled it the more her heart trembled. Memories from the past came back to her, reminding her of both the good and bad moments they went through together. There were unforgettable times. If only they could make more memories like that together...

"Stop crying. I'm not going anywhere." The hoarse voice of a woman spoke slowly and clearly all of a sudden.

Pearl felt that hand on her cheek move, stroking her face very delicately. Her brain momentarily stopped working in that instant. She was taken aback and her heart began to pump fast and with force.

That familiar tone of voice and that warm touch could only belong to one person!!!

"Venus!" Pearl exclaimed and opened her eyes widely. Tears were already forming on them. She couldn't believe it. Venus was awake! She was finally back! She quickly leaned down to hug her tightly.

Venus flinched slightly, not expecting this at all. "Pearl, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" She patted her on the head gently, not knowing what the hell was happening.

There were no words coming from Pearl's side, she was only sobbing loudly against the fabric of Venus' hospital gown. She felt a weight being taken away from her chest, making her relief and filling her with euphoria. All the stress and despair vanished in a blink of an eye. That warmth feeling wrapped her again. She wanted to hug Venus tighter but she didn't want her wounds to hurt so she held herself back.

"Pearl, are you okay?" Venus rose into a sitting position and pulled Pearl's head up, making her face her. She stared at her with a concerned expression trying to figure out where she was and what was going on.

"I'm not dreaming, right?" Pearl said in disbelief and Venus could only smile softly.

"I don't think so." Venus let out a light laugh, wiping away Pearl's tears with her thumb.

"Are you thirsty? I'll bring you some water. Or maybe you're hungry? I bought some spicy curry to eat together with Michael." Pearl babbled as she pulled herself up to stand on her feet. Her brain was still trying to process that Venus had finally woken up and she was feeling really excited and fluttered.

Venus shook her head. Spicy food was the least thing she wanted right now, but she was still moved by the fact that Pearl was taking care of Michael. It meant so much to her. "No, it's fine. I'm okay. I'm just a little confused right now. How long have I been unconscious?"

"For like a month." Pearl responded.

"A month?!" Venus was shocked by that. "Were you waiting for me to wake up for so long?"

Pearl nodded.

Venus parted her lips at the thought of that. "You must be really tired."

Pearl could only nod again, admitting it. "But I don't mind. I can wait much longer than that just for you."

Venus was quiet for a while before she spoke again, "Why?" She asked. "Why are you still here for me?"

The major family had a colossal victory and Pearl should be celebrating with them. So, why was she here? Her stay only gave Venus some hope, and that hope was making her afraid. Afraid that Pearl would choose her. Because no one has ever chosen her.