Chapter 41

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"Parker...Parker?...Parker!" Paris' voice echoed loudly throughout the whole house.

It was ten in the morning by now. Paris had just arrived back to the house to come pick up her brother to take him with her since things right now weren't going too well for her with the major family. She had the gut feeling that Parker would be in danger because of all of these problems, and she was not going to risk it by leaving him alone in the house, she needed to make sure to keep him safe. However, when she entered the house and searched around, calling his name countless of times, she realized that she had come too late. The house was soulless. There was not a single trace of Parker anywhere, he had completely vanished like dust, nowhere to be found.

Venus also came inside the house to help Paris search around. She had kept her promise of bringing her here to pick up Parker, this was the least she could do for her at this critical moment that they were both in. Working as a team was better than working all by yourself.

Last night, Venus had even bothered to pay for two hotel rooms for both of them to get some sleep before coming here. She was being overly caring and attentive with Paris lately, and Paris found it strange, but she didn't think much about it because the person that was on her mind right now was her brother. If something were to happen to Parker, then Paris would never forgive herself in her entire life.

"Fuck! He is not home. What the hell do we do now? I can't leave him behind. What if he was kidnapped or something?" Paris ruffled her own hair in frustration, she was starting to freak out seeing that her brother was gone.

*Bzzz! Bzzz!*

A cellphone suddenly vibrated with a notification on top of the small table in front of the couch from the living room. Venus became aware of it, and went to grab the phone to see the message on the lock screen.

"Is this Parker's phone?" Venus asked Paris, handing her the cellphone for her to see instead. "An unknown number sent a text message."

Paris widened her eyes as she read the message on the lock screen:

╔═══════════════╗
Meet me at the
warehouse at 3 pm.
Here is the address:
[XXX XXX XXXX.]
Come alone.
╚═══════════════╝

Paris couldn't believe what she was reading. She even had to double check to make sure that this was really Parker's phone. And it was. This neon-green phone case belonged to her brother. She had bought it for him on his 17th birthday. She felt her heart almost coming to a stop by how shock she was. "Yes, this is h-his phone. Damn it!" Her voice quivered as she wrinkled her brows. Pain, anger, and fear was reflecting on her expression.

Venus instantly noticed the state of panic on her face, and she proceeded to placed a hand on Paris' shoulder to comfort her. "We need to stay calm. If you want to save Parker, then I think we will have to take another risk again and go to this address to find him."

Paris nodded, agreeing with her. There were faint tears forming in her red eyes, but she was not going to allow them to fall. She didn't want to show this miserable side of hers to Venus. She didn't want her to feel pity for her. "I don't know why, but I feel like this whole thing was Taylor's plan. She was trying to seduce Kai all this time to get her back and to make her believe that I was the traitor here when I'm not. And now, she took advantage that I was off guard to kidnap my little brother. What other person could've done this if it's not her! Taylor was clearly up to something since the moment she appeared in the major family's house."

"You're right on that. I'm also sure that she is the one behind all of this as well." Venus responded with a serious expression and continue to explain, "Taylor likes when people give her attention, and she would do anything to get what she wants. In the past, when I first met her, I knew from that start that she was going to betray Kai. I even warned Kai about it but she never listened to me since we were already in bad terms back then. And then, the worse happened. Taylor betrayed her and the major family. She was working for other gangs while dating Kai. Leaking secret information from the major family to them. I'm sure that she is still working with those gangs even today."