Chapter 31

Adam and I were currently in the kitchen baking cookies, while the others set up the remainder of the decorations. I hadn't seen Chase in a few hours so I was wondering were he ventured off too. I had cut the dough into cute little shapes, placing them into the oven. Adam turned to Leo with a big smile gesturing to the tray of raw cookies.

"Who wants a cookie?" He asked causing our brother to look at him with a weird look.

"Adam those aren't even cooked yet?" Leo states only to be met with Adam shooting his lasers at them. Burning them in the process.

"Don't worry Leo I've put the good ones in the oven already," I declared patting his shoulder just as Bree came into the house. Complaining about the amount of lights on the house, claiming people already thought we were weird. We didn't need to shine a light on it.

However Adam claimed he did it so Santa could hit our house first. We didn't have the heart to tell them that Santa wasn't real since the kids didn't have a normal upbringing. Donald hadn't followed normal traditions until this year which is our first Christmas together.

Just then Chase came into the house wrapping up in twinkling lights "Hey get back on the roof you're ruining my display," Adam yelled and I found out why my boyfriend was MIA this whole time.

"You're lucky a racoon chewed me free," Chase exclaimed as Bree giggled looking at me, which I returned.

"Well he'd make an adorable angel on the massive tree in time square," I joked walking over to try helping untangle him from everything. While this was going on the mission alarm went off, meaning we'd have to leave to help out. The others rushed towards the elevator leaving Chase and I behind.

"Hey wait for us!" Chase yelled when I finished getting the lights off him and we rushed to join them.

Turns out there was an earthquake at Donald's remote facility in the frozen tundra, giving me flashbacks to mine and Chase's adventure to Antarctica not that long ago. When Bree left her capsule I got in, changing into my mission suit which was slightly different from there's. Mine had blue accents where theirs was red.

"I can't believe you have to spend Christmas Eve on a mission," Leo states with a sigh as Donald gave a run down of everything that was going on. A volcano erupted making the air full of ash and soot. And the earthquakes had caused communications to shut down.

"So with that Leo and I won't be able to communicate with you on the com set," he states making me sigh in relief.

"Oh yes cuz it will be very weird completing a mission without the constant sound of Leo chomping on carrot sticks," Chase retorts as we all rushed to get into the transport vehicle Donald had provided.

"Hey you know I'm a stress eater," Leo called out as we left making me chuckle at the statement. It would be a relief though, since I hate the sound of people chewing.

~~~~

After a very long ride with Adam driving we finally arrive at the facility which was still standing.

"Ok next time we're heading on a mission I'm driving," I declared and the rest nodded in agreement. Trying to regain balance after the highly bumpy ride.

Once inside my eyes took in all the destruction that happened. Pieces of equipment were blasted around from the shocks and broken glass littered the floor. We were able to locate the guy who ran the lab, and he gave us the tour of whatever was left standing.

Of course Chase got upset when he found out that the doctor had invented a working containment chamber for gamma rays before he did. Having been working on a prototype with Big D. Which lead to a back and forth debate between them where Chase's only counter was that he is really smart.

"All right folks I'm not spending my first Christmas without my parents listening to a grown man argue with a teenage boy. I hear enough of that at home, and I'm certainly not going to continue to stand here next to the big ball of toxic substance and end up being more of a mutant than I already am," I state thus bringing an end to this really not that amusing debate. Which Bree and Adam were thankful for.

We all then began making sure things were stabilized so we could leave. Unfortunately just as we were about finished another shock began shaking the building. Everyone tried finding cover whilst I stood in the middle of the room trying to quell the raging tremors from below. It was working well until a support beam began falling and I was pushed out of the way.

Bree sped us over to a desk where we hid beneath it until the shaking finally stopped. Undoing all the progress we had just made.

"Is everyone alright?" I asked as they all began making their way back to the main room, where a loud boom could be heard.

"The quake must've cracked the glass of the containment chamber," Bree pointed out, looking at the energy beginning to build up within.

"If we don't contain that then this whole lab will blow up," the doctor says worried, meaning all his hard work would be for nothing.

"I'm going to fix this, because I'm smart," Chase states, one again pulling that card, which the doctor pointed out.

Anyway we all decided that Chase and I would contain what we could with our force fields. It worked for a while but it was becoming too much, so Bree and I used speed to get us all out of the building. Luckily it was make of blast resistant material so it would contain the blast.

Our victory was short lived however as Adam parked the vehicle in the garage of the building, so Bree and I had to get us all home. As we walked back into the lab Leo comes rushing into the main area.

"PERRY IS IN THE HOUSE. I REPEAT PERRY IS IN OUR HOUSE," He screams and we all tried backing away from the elevator but Tasha stopped us, saying that she was our guest and it would be wrong for us to neglect her, especially during the season of hope.

Needless to say we were all shocked when we entered the living room to see that our evil children hating principal had made a huge Christmas dinner for everyone. Which I was skeptical about eating, and I was glad I hadn't touched my food yet when she told us that she sliced off part of her finger while making it.

This was definitely an eventful Christmas........

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy holidays. I'm so sorry it's been this long for this chapter but I just don't write like a use to, not that I've lost the passion for up but I just feel burnt out. I'll try my best to write more here in the new year. Hope you all understand and thanks for being patient.

Bailey