Chapter 16

Chase has come up with the cleaver idea of arm wrestling Adam at the end of the school day. Of course I haven't a clue why he wanted to considering Adam is the strongest man alive, and Chase is supposed to be the smartest. Maybe he has a scheme up his sleeves. They got ready on the bench in the middle of the entry way.

"Might want to back up guys, you're in the splatter zone," Bree joked gently tugging me back as Leo began the match.

"Alright I don't want any whining, crying or tap outs. I'm looking at you Chase," he replied to which his brother glared back at him. Ushering him to get on with it already. As he said go, Chase licked his hand placing it in Adams ad he slammed in onto the bench. Adam looked appalled as he rubbed his hand in Bree's sleeve.

"Yeah to be fair I'd use that tactic too if faced with someone stronger than me," I replied, impressed by the scheme. Chase smiled at me whilst the others looked confused.

"Have none of you heard the saying 'the pen is mightier than the sword" I asked and they shrugged their shoulders.

"I have," Chase chuckled proud of his victory against his brother. To be honest he's tired of Adam always picking on him.

"Oh I know you have brainiac," I giggled nudging his shoulder which he nudged back.

"Oh just date already," Leo coughed under his breath, making my cheeks go red. Just then Marcus came down the stairs and Leo began defensive. I would too if I was face with someone who wanted to kill me.

"Hey guys would you like to come to my house, we got a new flat screen?" He asked the bionics to which Chase said they'd love to. However Leo had other plans as he ushered us out of the school despite the others protests. I didn't mind since Marcus gave me the creeps, and with that we walked home.

When we got there, Leo wasn't anywhere to be seen. But Davenport had another machine to show us. Of course the hype was alot better than when he presented the proton fuser.

"Introducing my teleporter!" He says excitedly as he flailed his arms about showing it off. 

"Don't you mean your teledavenporter?" Adam and I say in unison as everyone looked at us.

"What!?" I exclaimed "he puts his name on everything, it's a good one," I shrugged as Donald began talking about how fast the teleporter could teleport things. Even faster than Bree could run which was cool.

Donald went off to find something to test it on, not wishing to use a person for the test. While gone Adam accidentally turned it on and Bree and Chase fought over who should stop it. Then Adam began spinning the globe and unfortunately Tasha walked through it. Getting teleported somewhere.

"GUYS!!! YOU TELEPORTED TASHA!!" I yelled in a panic hoping nothing bad happened to her as she was the only family I had left. Well next to Leo. Panic set in as I paced, my powers going haywire until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright Lynn, we'll get her back we just got to test the return function," Chase says, looking into my eyes which seemed to calm me down slightly. It's a good thing Leo wasn't here right now, he'd be freaking out.

"Ok," I replied more so trying to reassure myself. He smiled before going to the controls using fruit as a test subject.

"Hey Kay here's a better idea, why don't we call Tasha and tell her what happened then ask her to take the bus home. That way she'll be fine," Adam whispered in my ear and I smiled pulling him into a hug.

"Adam that's brilliant!" I exclaimed and we both went into the other room, leaving the others to try fixing the machine, and fiddling with software patches.

Turns out she only went to Fresno, so we asked her to take the bus home. She wasn't keen on the idea but it was better than coming back as a pile of mush. I felt better knowing that she was alright. With that taken care of we walked back into the lab to see Donald here as well.

A bunch of his things were destroyed due to the return setting not working right. All the patches to the software were useless, meaning it would take a while for things to get fixed. Everyone began freaking out, not sure what to do. Especially since Adam let slip that Tasha went through the thing, which cause Donald to panic even more trying to fix it. He came up with something he was sure to work, however nothing happened.

"What didn't it work?" He questioned wanting his wife back. A sad look crossed his face.

"Because I'm right here. Luckily Adam and Kay called to explain what happened and told me to take the bus home. Good thing I was only in Fresno. However I was stuck next to a guy in just a tank top," she explained as Donald ran forward, pulling her into a big hug.

"Don't squeeze too hard or her guts might come squishing out," Bree says with a worried look on her face.

"We figured if we called her, she couldn't come back as a steaming pile of Mom," Adam explained with a smile, knowing he out smartest everyone with his simple solution.

Chase was about to apologize for being so harsh on his brother, however Leo came rushing into the room.

"Guys I have proof the Marcus is evil and knows about your bionics, he even knows about Kay. It's all here on my phone," he explained running forward, only he bumped into something making him drop the phone into the teleporter. It vanished, confusing him. "Where'd my phone go?"

"Honolulu but I'll bring it back," Donald says hitting the return function. Like all the other test the phone came back broken. Making Leo angry, however he's able to get a knew phone like he wanted.

One day he'll get them to believe him.....