Chapter 26

The morning started off hectic as Adam managed to let Donald's nano bots loose when he was fighting with Chase for the vile. Hopefully they managed to get all of the back, or Davenport would kill them. They were a huge investment and worth millions from what they could accomplish.

With homecoming coming up Perry had issued teams to watch over the dingo mascot costume seeing as Deerfield always stole it from us and Chase got paired with Adam much to his disliking. It was free period so I walked into the gym to see Bree and Leo competing in the domino competition with Caitlin.

"Didn't think this was an interest of yours," I say crouching down next to my brother and sister who looked bored.

"Nor did I, however I've got nothing better to do," Leo states looking at me with a pleading look "But at least I get to knock them all down when the time comes," he seemed genuinely happy about that, which was nice.

"Of course something like this doesn't interest you, given its not for a faint of heart," Caitlin scoffed whilst providing me with a dirty look, you know she just still wasn't over the fact that Chase and I are together.

"Right I'm faint hearted, coming from the girl who practically goes out of her way to try stealing my boyfriend from me, speaking of which I'm gonna go see what he's doing," I replied giving her a petty wave as I exited back into the main hall.

Adam and Chase were standing by Dewey making sure nobody tried taking him. Although I'm not sure how they came up with a pronoun for a costume seeing as it was inanimate. But they provided it with one which I still thought strange.

"This is pointless, I could be doing my homework," Chase exclaimed as he paced back and forth, clearly bored by the whole ordeal.

"Babe I'm pretty sure you have this month's homework done," I replied with a giggle making way over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe I do, that's not the point," he says crossing his arms making an adorable pouty face. He then excused himself to use the bathroom.

I stood by the bench waiting for him to return when an arm wrapped around my shoulders causing me to flinch.

"Hey beautiful wanna go out sometime," an unknown voice asked as my reflexes kicked in, and I judo flipped him to the ground. I noticed this other guy talking to Adam, but didn't pay it any mind.

"You know girls don't like being randomly hit on by strangers, despite what you might believe," I replied placing my foot on his chest, he looked stunned stutter for a response.

"Baby what have we talked about when it came to flipping people," Chase's voice filled my ears as he came over to where I stood, still hovering my foot over the boy on the floor. I hadn't seen him before and there weren't any new students so he had to be from Deerfield. Definitely here to steal Dewey.

"That it's not the answer to everything," I sighed taking my foot off the guy "But he was hitting on me and I'm sure he's here to take the Dingo," I concluded as the guy got up and rushed from the school. Turning around we saw that the costume was gone, it was a distraction. Adam said he didn't know what happened only that he met a new kid named Griffin. Which was a ruse, as like I said there aren't any new kids.

We all went back to the lab where we gave Adam a com set before sending him off to search the rival school. Which wasn't going well as we told him to act discreet, completely ignoring the fact that we were talking to Adam who didn't understand most big words.

~~~
A few hours had passed and I walked back into the lab typing away on my phone. Bree texted and wanted to know if I could come up with a design for her and Leo's domino course. They had quit on Caitlin because she's a control freak, so they needed to come up with a wonderful design, that Bree could look at and use her speed to create. I agreed since it was to take down Caitlin at something she enjoyed, and she really got on my nerves as of late.

"Chase have you seen my markers?" I asked looking up with a gasp at the animal standing before me.

"Before you ask I had nothing to do with it. This was on Adam," he replied pointing at his brother who nodded with a smile. Proud of his idea, poor Adam.

"He committed grand theft llama!" I exclaimed walking over to the poor thing. He was confused by everything, just wanting to go back home. "Can we put a hat on him, just so I can say Carl that kills people," I joked petting the llama, who seemed to feel better in my presence.

"No babe we cant put a hat on him, we need to find out what to do with him. I'll watch him, and you two head back to school," he replied handing me the pack of markers. I kissed his cheek before Adam and I went back to school.

He went to watch the costume that he managed to get back whilst I rushed into the gym, since I already had an idea for the course it didn't take long to draw. As soon as I finished Bree did her thing putting it all together now that everyone was on lunch.

We all clapped seeing the creation layed out before us and as we celebrated Caitlin came back into the room, freaking out wondering how they put everything together so fast. Being bionic and a mutant had perks, but also setbacks.

"So what do you get if you win?" I asked as everyone came back for the real part of the competition. They all seemed jittery, nervous to see how their plans would unfold.

"A golden domino with a 1 on it," Caitlin replied giving me her signature glare, it was like it was permanent etched into her face, and I'm sure the only time I've seen her smile was she Chase as around, usually trying to run away from her.

Leo was about to knock the first domino over when someone yelled to watch out. Next thing to happen was what looked like radioactive spit came shooting through the door, hitting the wall. This caused the janitor to drop the broom and the handle took Leo's thunder. The boy looked appalled as we all watched them getting knocked over. Everything going to plan, which was nice.

The two ended up winning, and Bree went on to say they were sorry and basically told Caitlin they cheated, which technically yes, but she didn't need to know that. She then invited them to attend nationals with her, saying her mom's car was a two seater but they could all squeeze in.

By then we were long gone as the girl stood in the gym, ranting to herself.....