Chapter 12

Today seemed like one of those days where you think its just a normal day. Until something happens that you completely didn't expect. Now living with bionic teens meant that happened alot. Which is why we were taking refugee in the lab, as they declared their strike to Donald.

Usually you'd see protests on tv, and not in your basement lab owned by your new billionaire guardian. Yet life isn't what is seems anymore, especially since moving here.

The kids really wanted a day off to just relax and be teens. Donald really was over working them, not giving them much freedom when it came to living normally. If you could count our lives normal at this point. You never knew what was going to happen around here.

Leo had pitched the idea to them and now they're presenting their strike to Mr Davenport. Adam even went out of his way to make signs, and this must've been important to him seeing as they were spelt right. Good on him.

Me on the other hand, well I'm moral support and Leo was basically running this. Despite not being bionic, at least he was feeling the need to help his siblings. So far it was going well, they were just chilling around. Adam had set up a spa type things, panicking about having kankles. Whatever those were.

Chase and Leo were playing an enthralling game of cyber pong. Which was entertaining to watch, since both were highly competitive. And Bree was watching Teen Fiance, a new reality show most definitely a spin off of 90 day Fiance on TLC.

I was reading some ebook on my phone, as I really wanted to read it. It was called The Summer I Turned Pretty and so far it was amazing. I'm not usually one to read romance stories, but my English teacher has it on the reading list. Meaning it was required to pass the semester.

Just then Donald came in declaring that if the kids were on strike they couldn't use his stuff. Then he took Bree's tablet, Adams sandwich and turned off the power to everything. He was about to take my phone when quickly slid it into my bra.

"Touch my phone old man and it'll end badly. I need to read that book for school plus I paid for it with my inheritance from my parents. That Tasha keeps under control until I turn 18," I declared not wanting my things taken, seeing as the majority of the things I've got were paid out of my own pocket. I don't brag about it by my parents were loaded from selling their findings to museums.

"Noted," he states holding his hands up in surrender. Then laughed maniacally as he backed out of the room, the door closing on his arm before he could exit fully causing me to giggle.

"There's gotta be a world record for world's largest ego," I pondered to my self even though everyone heard me.

Then I manipulated my voice to sound like him "I'm Donald Davenport and I'm awesome because I'm a billionaire who torments his kids by taking away their stuff. Everyone wishes they were me," the others laughed as Bree joined in.

"I love myself so much, there's a room full of mirrors in my house. I call it my me room," she says mocking her dad, hopefully he didn't watch us on Eddie's screen. That'd be weird. Hopefully this doesn't last long....

~~~
Mr Davenport was going through great lengths to stop the strike. Seeing as he turned the cooling system onto a freezing setting.

"That all you got old man?" I asked combusting into small flames along my arms that the others stood around trying to get some warmth.

Things like the weather never bothered me, but they all looked like they were about to freeze any second. Although they probably would bounce back from something like that. Leo however wouldn't.

"Thank god for you sis, otherwise we'd be popsicles," Leo says making me smile at the fact he thinks of me as a sister. Something I'd never thought I'd be, but I'm glad to have him and the others after everything I'd been through. Seeing as family doesn't just end in blood.

"Why thank you thank you very much," I replied with Elvis's voice for a better effect. They laughed and warmed up some before all climbing into Chases capsule while I went to my room. They knew I couldn't sleep while standing, so they let me go. Knowing I'd come back in the morning.

~~~
After a peaceful sleep I walked down to the kitchen to see Donald begging the kids to help him present his gravity belt. Knowing he needed them to make things run smoothly, seeing as they knew how to use it. But they weren't backing down just yet, knowing he'd crack more eventually. He wasn't good under pressure.

A few hours passed and I was chilling in my room. It was nice considering Donald is downstairs acting like a child once more. Only that was a daily occurrence at this point, how does Tasha put up with his antics? A knock on my door brought me back to reality.

"It's open," I called out looking up from my diamond painting. It was another hobby of mine, and very calming to me. Of course I had loads of hobbies all of which I'm so passionate about.

Chase came into the room, a curious look on his face as he took in the art I was creating. It seemed out of all the Davenport's I was closest to Chase, mainly because we like alot of the same things, but I was also starting to get closer with Bree, having another girl my age around was welcoming and I'm glad I'm getting closer to her.

"I'm bored," he states sitting on the edge of my bed, I had moved the table with my art over slightly. Giving him room to sit.

"Nice to meet you Bored! I'm Kaylynn," I giggled earning a nudge from him. I mean he walked right into that one.

"Alright smart ass," he replied with a chuckle and it was my turn to nudge him. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to watch a movie or something?"

"I'd love that," I replied with a smile. Putting the plastic over the picture so stuff didn't stick to it. "I'll go get some snacks and you can boot up my Netflix," he nodded and I left to the kitchen, hoping we had snacks.

Looking through the cupboards I wrangled up the popcorn along with some chips and a pack of Oreos before venturing back to my room. I placed the bowl down before crawling into my bed. Moving a pillow behind my back for better support. Then placed the bowl in my lap and the Oreos and chips inbetween us.

Seeing the movie on the screen made me smile, as it was one of my favorite movies. And I hadn't seen it for awhile, in fact the believe the last time I saw it was on a plane ride to Ireland. That was a year ago.

"We're off to Narnia!" I state as his pushed play and opening scene unfolded causing me to get excited. Not even caring that I found my self snuggling up to Chase 10 minutes into the movie.

He went on to explain that Leo was going to present the gravity belt with Donald. Until the man finally cracked and asked Adam to do it. Saying that he'd give them a day off every week if they helped him. Of course as Leo was going to take it off, he turned it on and ended up bouncing all around the living room. Making a big mess and scaring the guy from NASA away. Making Donald lose out on the deal.

"I leave you all alone for a few hours and hell rises up," I chuckled before tuning back into the movie trying my hardest to ignore the fluttering in my chest from being this close to the guy I like. There I finally admitted it to myself, I like Chase.

We finished the movie and started watching the second one. Falling asleep at some point. Hope it didn't effect his chip too bad......