Chapter 23

There's always something bizzare going on in this house. You never really know what was going on. Right now I was coming back to the house with the bionics, we had just saved people from a major storm. It was my first official mission with the team. I was terribly nervous but luckily they helped me through it. Having my own mission suit was cool, but a pain to get into. Thank god my arm healed, you see I heal faster than normal. I was better in a week.

"I don't know why you were so nervous. You did great Kay," Bree states as we walked back into the lab. A big smile on her face.

"Yeah babe you were amazing out there," Chase says kissing my cheek. Adam and Bree pretended to gag at the gesture. Leo and Donald greeted us as we entered the lab.

"Great job guys that was the best use of bionics and powers I've ever seen,"Leo exclaimed looking over notes on his tablet. Adam began pulling coconuts out of his duffel bag happy to have a hairy fruit, as he called them.

"Just be thankful we made him put the Pelican back," Bree and I state remember putting up a fight with him to put the poor bird back.

"You guys did great out there. I've learned that combining strength with speed would prevail nicely, and Kay using your control of weather really helped make this mission a success," Donald congratulated once again leaving Chase out of it.

"What about Chase, without his quick thinking and guidance none of us would have been able to do anything remotely useful," I replied knowing how upset he got when left out of things.

He was always the butt of any prank or joke, and it pained me to see his own family belittle him like that. The only one who included him in things was Tasha and sometimes Leo.

"Well I mean giving directions isn't really hard," Donald states shrugging it off, walking away.

"But apparently supporting your children is," I chastised trying to keep calm, last thing I needed was to burn the lab down out of anger.

"He's just no match for our hustle and muscle," Bree exclaimed hiding behind Adam when I glared at her. I left the room before I hurt somebody or myself.

~~~
I laid in my bed staring blankly at the ceiling trying to rid my thoughts of all the bizzare things it came up with. Most of which ended with Donald getting smacked a million times over. Sometimes I just really hate people.

"You shouldn't beat yourself up over this. I'm use to not being included in things," Chase's voice broke my thoughts as he place himself next to me on the bed. "Although severely tired of it,"

"Of course I'm beat up over it. I just hate seeing the pain within your eyes about not being included in things. And then I feel even worse when my name gets brought up, when I've only just arrived. Yet you've been here your whole life and just get shut out like it's no big deal, but it is," I ranted turning onto my side so I could place my head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around me for better support.

"None of this is your fault love, so please don't blame yourself," he replied running his hand through my hair.

"I know Chasey but I can't help it. God I just wish they would understand how you feel about everything," I state letting out a sigh. The two of us just lied there enjoying the silence.

"You really are an angel sent to me," he replied causing me to blush. It's just the little things like this that I appreciate the most.

"You are one sent to me too," I admit and the two of us took an unplanned nap after that.

~~~
It was the following day and we were down in the lab where Donald was showcasing his newest toy. It was a machine to cryogenically freeze things into suspended animation. He wanted to use them to advance space travel.

"Can someone tell this dude he's making ice," Leo states as Donald froze Adam's glass of juice.

"Yeah basically, just instantly out of a device instead of waiting hours," I replied as Adam eyed the ice, probably thinking of doing something stupid with it.

"It's not ice it's cryogenic freezing," Donald defended not liking when people criticize his things. But yet does the same thing to others.

"Which is a fancy way of saying ice," both of us replied earning a laugh from Chase, who nodded his head in agreement.

"These are going to gain me lots of money, but in order to get them I need cytanium which can be found in a remote part of Antarctica," Donald explains loading up images on the cyber desk.

"As apposed to bustling down town Antarctica," Bree retorts making us all laugh. Sometimes it was fun teaming up on Donald and tormenting him. However I'm still slightly mad at them for yesterday.

As the man was explaining what needed to be done a red warning flashed across the desk. Indicating a major storm surge to the area we were going.

"Sorry guys I can't let you go in a massive storm. It's too dangerous, and your safety is more important," Donald states with a sad look in his eyes. However to be fair he was loaded so this wasn't gonna dent his piggy bank in the slightest.

"But we just dealt with a storm," Chase defended wanting to prove we could succeed.

"I'm sorry but I can't risk it," Donald replied before leaving the room. Upset on loosing out on a huge deal, but at least we were safe.

"Woah slowdown flash glue none of us are going not ever hustle and muscle," Bree states leading Adam and I from the room. However I had a feeling so I stayed just by the elevator door.

Just then my phone beeped mission suit activated looking at it I saw Chase's suit was taken. Meaning my feeling was right, he was going on the mission. Despite Donald's wishes.

"Shit," I mumbled before using Bree's capsule to put my suit on. Thank god Donald set it up that way so I didn't have to manually put it on. As it took forever. I quickly texted Bree saying where I was going hoping she looked at it.

His gear was already gone, so I grabbed everything I needed. Putting a com set on and loaded up his GPS signal. Changing quickly into Bree, I've discovered that I could use their abilities for around a day before losing them. However it just meant I had to shift into them before being able to utilize their bionics once more.

After turning back to myself I sped over to the location where the extraction sight was. Which was difficult to do in a snow storm with severe winds. Since his way of travel was limited I'd gotten there before him. Trying to keep warm in my snowsuit as I waited the half hour for him to get here.

"Lynn? What are you doing here, it's not safe?" He says once realising that I was there. He dropped his duffle bag looking at me with a worried look.

"Making sure my boyfriend doesn't perish in a massive avalanche," I replied as if it were obvious.

"How'd you know I was coming here?" He wondered as he began getting the stuff for Donald. I knelt beside him, helping to speed things along.

"My phone is programmed to go off when a mission suit is activated so I know when I'm needed for a mission. Upon checking it and seeing it was yours it was pretty clear on where you were going. I know you want to prove yourself to them, but risking your life isn't the way to go about it," I replied loading things into a bag he brought.

"I just want their approval for once. You know instead of being left out or talked down to," he admits with a sigh. We continued working as fast as we could due to the weather picking up. It was snowing really bad now and the wind was whipping around wildly.

A few more minutes in this and we might not make it out alive. So we worked as fast as we could, having super speed did wonders for the job. It wasn't long before we heard Donald on the coms.

"Chase! Kay! Where are you?" He asked voice laced with worry. As if he didn't have our locations on the cyber desk

"We're at the cytanium sure," Chase replied trying to keep his footing due to the storm.

"Well get out of there, the storms about to get worse," Donald pleaded as the wind got worse. A loud rumbling could be heard as Chase was about to answer, I didn't have time to react as a massive avalanche appeared.

That was when everything went black....