Get flowers for yourself // ENEMIES T. LOVERS

The walls of the maze opened, revealing nothing but ivy dangling off of the walls of the maze. The gladers got up from their sleep, all of them dissapoipted at the absense of Thomas, Minho and Ably. "Told you, they're not coming back." Newt said softly, looking down at Chuck who stood right next to him, his eyes sparkling with tears. Newt took one last look into the maze and sighed before turning around and walking towards the village. Many Gladers followed, but as one took a last look back, he froze and a wide smile appeared on his face.

"Guys, Look!" He shouted, catching the attention of many other gladers, they all turned around and went running back to the entrance of the maze. Newt was the last one to turn around, but he froze at the sight that everyone was running towards. Thomas and Minho slowly carried Alby's unconscious towards the entrance, getting greeted by many happy shouts. They made it to the entrance, dropping Alby's body onto the grass. The medic instantly went to check for Alby's pulse, a nod signalling that he was infact alive. Thomas sat on his knees beside Minho, a shout of his name catching his attention. Before he could react, Chuck tackled him to the ground in a hug, happy tears rolling down his flushed face. "Chuck." Thomas sighed, tightly hugging Chuck back.

Evening fell, the sun vanished behind the walls of the Glade, the sky being a pretty orange and pink, decorated with clouds. Thomas laid in the grass, enjoying a soft wind and resting after his horrible night in the Maze. Despite being glad he made it out alive, not everything sat right with him yet. Newt didn't sit right with him. Despite his efforts to make contact with him,he seemed to just ignore him. Giving him glares and looking away when he noticed Thomas saw him. It annoyed Thomas, a lot.

He got up, walking over to the hamocks where several Gladers were already asleep or resting, Newt being one of them. Thomas walked over to Newt, who peacefully slept in his hamock. Thomas grabbed his hand, awakening him immediately. "Let go of me." He murmured, his sleepy voice giving Thomas butterflies. "I said let go." The annoyance in Newt's voice was now clear, he gave Thomas another one of his glares. Thomas sighted and pulled him out of his hamock, Newt struggled to keep his balance and stumbled after Thomas who was still holding his hand tightly.

He took them to the same grass field where he was a moment ago, Newt eventually quit struggling and followed, still mad. Thomas came to a stop and turned around to face Newt, still holding his hand. 'What's your problem?" He started, staring right into Newt's eyes. "What's my problem? What's your bloody problem?" Newt replied, rolling his eyes before staring back into Thomas's. "Why are you avoiding me, Newt?" Newt's expression grew even more annoyed, "You know very well why, Tomm-" "No I don't!"

"Well you just left me here!" Newt began, raising his voice. "You just left me despite me warning you about the bloody Maze. Despite everyone warning you, you still went on to do your own think like you own the buggin' place!' Newt finally ripped his hand out of Thomas's, he didn't have the strength to maintain the eyecontact. "Oh so not even a 'Tommy i'm glad you're alive hey' even though i'm the first one here to survive the Maze over night, even though i helped to save your god damn friends?"Thomas's voice got louder aswell, anger slowly taking control of what he was saying. "Well do you want me to applause for trying to kill yourself?" Newt said, clapping his hands right infront of Thomas's face. Thomas slapped his hands away, taking a step closer to him, "What is it with you, huh? Got a beedle blade up your ass today?"

Newt sighed, his gaze softening a little, he looked back at Thomas who was now furious. "I just hate you for trying to get yourself killed, you bloody shank. I hate you for almost making me lose you." He muttered before turning around and walking back to the hamocks. His limp was more visible than usually, perhaps because he stormed off back, perhaps Thomas couldn't give him the rest he needed. He just stood there, alone, in the middle of the grass field, watching Newt walk away from him and eventually vanishing behind some trees. He hated Newt for avoiding him for such a stupid reason, he hated how much nonsense he just spat in his face, he hated every single bit of their interaction. He sat down on the grass, figeting with his hands, overwhelmed by his emotions. He laid down, looking at the dark sky with stars scattered all around it, he found himself zoning out before shutting his eyes and dozing off in the grass.