Mist of flames // HNC

Flames all around, the building wouldn't hold much longer. It was only a matter of time before it collapsed and swallowed everything into it's abyss. Thomas coughed, strugging to breath as smoke filled the air. Teresa did her best to shield him from flames, her teary eyes only opening for seconds to make sure Thomas's were open.

"Thomas, they're gonna get here soon. Please, hold on." She said, pressing against Thomas's bleeding wound that was located on his waist from getting shot by Janson earlier. He sat against Teresa, holding her hand and squeezing it tightly. His lip trembled with fear and pain, his eyes shut tightly. They sat under a dark, starless sky, on the very top of the W.C.K.D building.

The sounds of the berg -that he never thought he'd be so happy to hear- broke through the sound of fire and gunshots from down below on the streets. Thomas opened his eyes and saw as the Berg flew closer and closer, Teresa turned to look at it aswel, getting up and helping Thomas towards the edge of the builing.

Minho, Brenda, and Gally stood on the opened platform of the Berg, their gazes focused on Thomas. A tiny bit of hope returned, the hope that they'd make it before the building collapsed. The Berg got close enough, "Jump! We'll catch you!" Minho shouted to Thomas and Teresa who were now on the very edge of the building, his arm around her neck, doing his best not to collapse back onto the ground in pain.

"Come on, Thomas. You can do this." Teresa whispered, Thomas looked at the four people on the platform, but one, in the Berg itself, caught his attention the most. Newt.

The was just standing there, his hands wrapped around his bandaged torso. His expression was unreadable, but he was looking back at Thomas. Or maybe he was hallucinating, he saw Newt die right infront of him. But for that one moment, he pushed it away. If the thought of Newt living gave him strength, then that's all he needed to make it out alive.

"Thomas, come on dude!"

"Minho! Teresa, we need to jump. Now" Thomas mumbled quiety, but loud enough for Teresa to hear. Minho and Brenda shouted words that weren't clear anymore, everything was a haze as adrenaline started to kick in. Teresa sighed and nodded, unsure about the idea. She looked up at the three on the platform. Thomas removed his arm from around Teresa's neck, struggling to stand on his own "On three."

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

Everything got blurry. The ground begun to shake and he froze. Through the blur, he could see Teresa being helped onto the platform, but he couldn't move. "Thomas" Minho's panicked shout echoed through his brain. He fell backwards, hitting his head against the concrete ground. Shouts flooded his ears, along with a ringing. His shot wound burned worse than ever, the feeling of getting shot repeatingly was a good way to describe it. And then he knew

He wouldn't make it.

"I need to go down to him." Minho said, ready to jump down onto the building. Gally grabbed his arm, preventing him from doing so, "Are you crazy? That thing is gonna collapse in atleast a minute." Minho's breath was quick and shaky, his whole body was. "Let me go!" He shouted, not taking his eyes off of Thomas's unconscious body that was surrounded by flames. "I'm not gonna let you kill yourself, Minho!"

"He's my best friend, Let go of me you son of a bitch!" He ripped his arm away from Gally's grip, but it was too late. Crackss formed in the concrete under Thomas, the building started to shake again. And it collapsed. Thomas's body fell down along with everything, swallowed by the flames.