Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

7. A New Opportunity

Janine is nothing like I imagined earlier. She looks more like a catwalk model instead of a recruitment consultant, who I always picture as a boring, serious person in black suits and thick glasses. I'm so close to asking her if she ever considered a modeling career, but it's not the time. I'm the one who is looking for opportunities right now.

"Thank you for answering my questions. I believe I have all the information I need. Now, about the company we are representing, I will need to make sure first if this doesn't go against your preferences, personal limits, or other objections." Janine swats her strawberry blonde hair backward before leaning forward, her elbows on the armrest. "What do you think about working for a company that produces sex toys?"

"Uh," I say, tilting my head, "this is a new field to me, obviously, but I don't see it differently from other legitimate consumer-good manufacturers. So, yeah, it's fine by me as long as I can handle its targeted market."

She nods as her eyes twinkle under the meeting room's golden light. "It's great to hear. We do have other companies to introduce, but at the moment, this company is in urgent need of an experienced B2B marketing executive. And you have excellent qualifications for the opportunity. For your information, they were recently acquired by a company group from Germany. With the new owner, they strive for a wider market and of course, with higher speed."

The information makes me frown a bit. This is my first time joining a company that is still in the reforming process, and I need to see the pros and cons. "May I know what company this is?"

"Right, sorry, I should've mentioned it earlier. It's ErosBross Corp. It's the one that designs and produces well-known brands such as Sabrina, Baus, Grobit, and a few others." Janine smiles, but her eyes are scanning my face. "I'm not sure if you have heard of those brands before?"

My mind jumps to my purple dildo with the Sabrina logo on it. Ashton's favorite. "Yeah, I believe I have."

"Excellent!" She claps her hands. "It's now officially under the Sauer-Horn group. I will send you the company profile link, together with detailed information about the open position. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be glad to assist you."

"That's great. Basically, I don't have any issues with the nature of the product or the market. I only need to see what they expect from me and what they offer."

"That will be discussed in the next interview, and you will meet them directly." Janine sits straight up. "It was a pleasure talking to you and getting to know you, Charlotte. I have a good feeling that you are the person they are looking for."

At the moment, I'm not sure I can even say the same, but having a new opportunity outside the Remington group is like getting fresh air. A fresh start.

 A fresh start

"I thought Ashton wanted to join us for dinner?" Chloe asks, frowning at her plate. She's not eating at her normal speed and keeps glancing at our kitchen window.