Wattpad Original
There are 14 more free parts

6. Pillow Talk

Dear Janine,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the opening position in your client's company. I'm more than happy to explore this opportunity.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Charlotte Garnett

-----------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. Garnett,

Thank you for your interest!

To follow up, we would like to invite you for an interview next week on Wednesday, October 21st at 4:30 pm. Please let us know if you prefer to meet after office hours.

Regards,
Janine Morgan
A recruitment Consultant - CareerHunt

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Janine,

Thank you for the invitation. I'm available on Wednesday at 4:30 pm.

Sincerely,
Charlotte Garnett

-----------------------------------------------------

Not wanting Ashton to know about my underground movement in finding a new job, I've been acting as if nothing has been going on. I will eventually have to tell him, but not until I know more about the company Janine wants to introduce to me. At least, I want to see if I'm even interested in taking further steps.

Either way, Ashton will be reluctant to this idea because if I'm not under the Remington group, he won't be in control of my clients. But this is not what I signed up for. We both should have the freedom to decide for our future as individuals while we share our life. But how much freedom should we pursue before it becomes too much? This thought throws me back to the basic question of why am I in a relationship, again. I suck at this.

"You should tell him before the interview," Sophie suggests. She's been spending a lazy Saturday morning with us since there is not much to do out there, thanks to the shitty weather. We've been sitting by my kitchen window, enjoying our cappuccino and cookies as we talk about adult problems, while the kids are upstairs in Chloe's room.

"I don't even know what company they're talking about. I only know it's a consumer-goods manufacturer, but I have no clue what the product is and what customers they're tapping." I run my finger on my mug rim mindlessly. "Maybe I'm not interested, and nothing's going to happen. Then we can consider the interview has never taken place."

Sophie tilts her head, trying to grasp my points. "I'm not sure about that."

"So, I should tell Ashton about every single thing I do?" I scrunch my nose at the thought. "He's not the boss of my life."

"But he's your boyfriend now. You don't need to seek out his approval, but you should let him know what's going on."

"Still, we should have privacy to some degree. And speaking of," I say, picking up one chocolate cookie from the bowl in front of us, "my boyfriend, who loves his privacy a bit too much, also didn't tell me beforehand about the arrangement he made about my clients."

Sophie shakes her head. "This isn't a game where you need to keep scores. What he did is wrong, but two wrongs don't make it right. You should try to become a bigger person here."

I sigh as I chew my cookie slowly. My sister always points out the truth whether or not I like it. It reminds me of Dickson making the same remark that I acted like a kid earlier this week, which I chose to ignore. "Is that also the reason you never thought of seeing someone else to get back at Chris? I mean you could have done it" —I glance at her— "easily."