CHAPTER 4: BUTTERFLIES

Sade was on a phone call with her husband.

"Gramma's cooking is the best,oh and also I found a diary,I am not sure whom it belongs,but it's interesting and"Sade  kept on blabbering.

" Hey hey potato calm down, give that pretty mouth of yours some rest." Her husband said with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah right,I was overexited" She said with the realization.

"But won't you listen to me?" She asked with a fake anger.

"I think your pregnancy hormones are kicking ." Her husband playfully asked her.

Sade just chuckled which is followed by a long yawn.

"I think my baby is tired.Go and rest.I'll call you tomorrow. Love you" her husband said.

"Yeah,yeah whatever. I don't care .It feels like your work is your wife." Sade said with a fake pout.

" Don't be grumpy.You know about my work right? Her husband said.

"Jeez okay ,go on with work. Good bye.Just don't stress." Sade mumbled the last part.

She can feel her husband's smile on the other side. Then she cut the call with a smile in her face.

Then she took the diary which she was reading before the call interrupted.

She began reading it.

The next day ,I went to college with my best friend oro.

We came by his car as his father asked him drop him by his office.

His father is his only family,he had other members in his family too. But that's a story for another day.

While we are walking by the main corridor, arguing which dipping sauce was better,when we heard news from the TV.

The reporter was explaining a murder . I vividly remember the horrible feeling that crept into me ,when I saw the dead body of a young 10 year old girl.

The reporter said that the girl was not raped ,but she had markings of knives all over her body.

At the back side of her neck,a symbol of a chained  wings were seen.

The police were suspecting it as some serial killer case.

I was too drowned in the trauma,that I did not notice the bitch of the school ella,that now directly stood in front of me.

'As soon as your boyfriend left you ,you are latching onto my man' she said in a disgusted tone.

I noticed that oro was supporting me because I was not in my senses.

Before I could  say something, he lifted me and hugged me tight and said 'what she does or whom she hangs out is none of your business,and I am not anyone's man.' He said with a straight face.

I was so proud of  my shy boy.
'That went to your thick skull right ,so dont  bother me.' I said and dragged oro with me.

Though I was sad because of the murder,I cannot help but the feel the butterflies swarming in my stomach,thinking about the behavior of my ......best friend.

TO BE CONTINUED......