fourteen

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chapter fourteen
adore you

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

After the commotion of Lo'ak returning, the clan had decided to retire to bed, the sully family along with them. The silence allows Ama'ia to think of the day's events, specifically the moment before Ao'nung had interrupted between herself and the boy who lays beside her.

The girl can't help but feel confused about her feelings for the boy, unsure what they mean. She thinks about how Neteyam had tucked her hair behind her ear, how fragile his touch had seemed and how his eyes had a different glint to them.

"Psst," The sound gives Ama'ia a fright though she doesn't turn around to look at the boy.

Neteyam lays on his side as he looks at the girl's back, the almost kiss running through his mind and he can't help but curse Ao'nung for interrupting. When Ama'ia doesn't answer him he scoots closer and pokes her in the back, "Psst, Ama'ia?"

"What?" Ama'ia rolls over to face the boy only to suck in a breath when she notices their closeness.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Before the girl has time to answer, Neteyam is already on his feet and holding out a hand for her to grab. Ama'ia slowly lifts her hand to place in his and with his help, is pulled to her feet. Once on her feet, she snatches her hand from him and rubs her arm. The boy backs up and gestures towards the opening before taking the lead.

The two walk side by side for a while, not a word passing between the pair. When their hands brush against each other for the fourth time Ama'ia sighs, "Why'd you bring us out here?"

"I had fun today." The two na'vi teenagers speak at the same time, both of their lips tilting upwards.

"Uhh, I thought we could talk?" Neteyam's words come out like a question. The boy suddenly unsure with himself and if he misinterpreted their actions earlier in the day.

Amai'ia listens to her gut and grabs the boy's hand in hers, intertwining their fingers, and tugging him forward. A minute later, the tree that the pair sat at for hours on their first night appears in view. When they reach the base, Ama'ia drops to the floor leaning her back against it and in the process had let go of Neteyam's hand.

The boy looks up to the branch they usually sit on before looking back to Ama'ia.

She shrugs, "Can't be bothered to climb up." Neteyam sits down beside her, their legs brush together. The two sit in silence for a moment longer. Neteyam has a mental battle with how he should bring the topic up as he stares at the girl next to him where as Ama'ia stares out on the ocean.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Ama'ia's eyes focus out on the reef, the glowing coral life reflecting on the surface of the water.

Neteyam's eyes soften as he watches the amazement flash through the girl's face, "Very."

Ama'ia turns to look the at the boy, her breath hitching in her throat when they make eye contact. She stutters as a blush appears on her cheek and she looks away while holding back a smile. "Uh, what did you want to talk about?"

The oldest Sully son takes deep breaths to calm his heart beat, he could've swore that it was beating so fast the girl could hear it. He smiles to himself when he thinks about the way she became flustered with something so little as eye contact. Surely that means she has some sort of feeling for him?

Feeling a boost of confidence, the boy reaches for the girl's hand, tracing circles on the back of it. "Today?"

Ama'ia lets out a soft, "Oh."

Neteyam, who is now inches closer to the girl, pulls his hand back. Ama'ia instantly turning her head to look at the boy at the lost of contact. Her eyes crease and her head tilts as she waits for the boy to start talking.

"I, um, it was nice, don't you think? Just hanging out and all that?"

Ama'ia's lips spread into a smirk, "Yeah, especially when I beat your ass." A giggle leaves her lips as a chuckle leaves Neteyam's.

"I let you win." Ama'ia reaches over to slap the boy's arm, whispering out a small "Liar."

Though Neteyam's smile disappears and he visibly starts to become nervous which worries the girl, "Uh, I actually wanted to talk about what happened after? Before we were interrupted?"

Now it's Ama'ia's turn to become nervous, she wasn't expecting to be confronted about the events of the day and especially not the moment that's had her mind in a frenzy since it happened. About what could've happened.

Neteyam takes a deep breath, "We almost kissed."

"Oh. Um, it was," Ama'ia doesn't finish her sentence, letting silence fill the void before Neteyam starts talking again.

"It would've been nice."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Neteyam nods his head slightly.

Ama'ia leans on her hand behind her as she looks at the boy, noticing his eyes flicker between the two of hers as if he's unsure which one to look in to. What the girl doesn't notice is Neteyam's eyes flickering down to look at her lips.

The pair, unknowingly to themselves, inch closer. Both of them slightly leaning in. Ama'ia's eyes now flicker between Neteyam's eyes and his lips. The two teens are now a mere inch apart when the girl's eyes flicker close, the boy's following close behind. They lean in a little closer, their lips now brushing against each other.

A loud noise to their right startles them and has the pair pulling apart. They watch as a coconut rolls from the base of a tree not too far away. A giggle leaves the girl as she lays down on her back, "Looks like history is repeating itself."

Neteyam copies Ama'ia and lays down next to her, a chuckle leaves his lips, although sounding little upset. "Yeah."

The two lay there staring at the stars above when a yawn leaves Ama'ia. "Tired?" Neteyam looks to the girl.

"Yeah."

The boy sits up and starts to get ready to stand to his feet when Ama'ia pulls him back into a laying position. "Let's just stay here? I can't be bothered to walk back to the marui."

Neteyam hums in agreement, fighting off his own yawn. He sucks in a breath when the girl lays her head on his chest, her arm wrapping around his stomach. When Ama'ia's breathing starts to slow, Neteyam wraps his own arms around her, pulling her impossibly closer with a smile on his face.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Welcome to chapter fourteen of Adore You!

If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a comment and vote!

I am so so so sorry for taking forever to update! I had a little bit of writers block and when I could finally sit down and write this chapter I got distracted and went and adopted a kitten!!

Anyway, have a great day!

Much Love,
Kova Ryder <3