ten

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chapter ten
adore you

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

Ama'ia is awoken to someone shuffling, the noise echoing in the silence. The girl raises her head with a sigh, looking around she sees no movement and starts to believe she imagined the noise when she hears the ruffling again, though to her right. Her head swiftly turns to see the boy next to her tossing and turning.

"Neteyam!" Ama'ia calls out to the boy softly, repeating his name a couple more times when he doesn't answer. The girl resorts to tapping his shoulder which doesn't work. Ama'ia sighs before moving closer to the older boy, her hand wraps around his arm to shake him, "Neteyam!"

A squeal leaves the girl's mouth as she is pulled over the boy, a hand pushes against her mouth the minimise the sound leaving it, "Shh, you skxawng! You'll wake the entire clan with that screeching of yours." Her wide eyes stare up at the boy leaning above her. He slowly moves his hand away before laying back down though his arm is still wrapped around her body.

Neteyam's grip on the girl tightens for a second before releasing her entirely from his grasp. Ama'ia holds her breath as she lies next to the boy on his sleeping mat, not a word passes between the two for a while, both not wanting to disturb the peace that surrounds the island.

When Neteyam shuffles once again the girl sighs, "Why are you moving around so much?" She rolls on to her side to face the boy as he lets out a sigh, his eyes open as he turns his head to look at the girl.

"Can't sleep."

Ama'ia hums in response waiting for the boy to continue.

"Quaritch is out there and he is looking for us. What if he finds us?"

"You're scared?" Ama'ia lets out a sigh of realisation.

Neteyam scoffs at the girl, facing the ceiling of the mauri, "Why am I even talking to you? You wouldn't understand."

Sitting up, Ama'ia leans her body weight on one arm as she fiddles with her bracelets, "I wouldn't? Have you forgotten that I was with your siblings when we were held hostage by Quaritch and his men?"

"No, no I haven't. But you should've been able to protect them, you're supposably a warrior."

Ama'ia stares at the boy, anger taking over her features and she clenches her teeth, "I don't know why I try with you." She jumps to her feet and leaves the mauri. Neteyam sits up as she leaves, the boy rolling his eyes before following her out.