eleven

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chapter eleven
adore you

*:・゚*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

Ama'ia sits on the sand staring out at the ocean, the small waves just pass the reef are barely visible but Ama'ia wonders what it would feel like to float there and be carried by the waves. She squints her eyes against the reflection of the sun and sighs. Her head drops to her knees as she takes deep breaths in and out.

She wonders how their home is, how their clan are holding up and she especially thinks about one of her best friends. Is Spider okay? A thought flickers through Ama'ia's mind, is he still alive?

A squeal in the distance steals her attention, she watches as Tuk is lifted onto an Ilu. Tuk's smile is infectious, even at a distance, Ama'ia's lips spread into one of her own. Tsireya guides Tuk under, the ripples in the water disappearing after a minute. A laugh to the right has Ama'ia turning her head in that direction just in time to see Tuk dive back under.

Sand rustles next to her, grains going flying as a body plops down next to her. "You know you look like a loner sitting here by yourself?"

Neteyam's voice floats in the air and Ama'ia shuts her eyes, deciding to ignore the boy and hopefully he will go away. Though her wish doesn't come true, "About last night, I - I'm sorry." The girl doesn't acknowledge the boy's apology. Neteyam's frustration grows as he watches the girl stand to her feet.

"Wait, you can't just ignore me!"

Ama'ia only walks towards the water, though she doesn't make it very far when a hand grabs her wrist and pulls her to a stop. "Come on, what's got your hair in a knot?"

Ama'ia's nose scrunches, "What? I don't think that's how the saying goes."

"Yeah it is, the lab guys say it all the time back home."

When the girl pops out a hip and rest her hand on the hip, Neteyam's eyes shoot down to where his hand grips her wrist, now resting just a few centimeters away from her waist. He only needs to move his hands a couple inches and he could be holding her closer. His heart skips a couple beats.

Ama'ia follows the boy's eyesight, a scoff leaving her lips once she realises where they're fixated. She snatches her hand away while raising the other one to slap him on the back of his head. Neteyam instantly winces at the contact, his own hand rubbing the spot her hand collided with his head.

"Hey, lovebirds! You've got lessons, come on!" Rotxo's voice calls from the beach where he stands with Tsireya, Kiri and Lo'ak, all four snickering to themselves. Ama'ia races out of the water to join them, immediately hooking her arms with the two girls and dragging them forward.