𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞

FEBRUARY WAS AN EXCITING MONTH FOR MANY REASONS. FOR ONE thing, it meant there was only a few more weeks until spring time, and everything would be pretty and colorful. It meant spring break would come soon and the Jump Street officers could take a break (or at least handle cases that didn't involve going to school). And of course, it meant love was in the air.

On this particular day, February 14th, the world famous holiday of love, the officers were all spending their evening...at work. Well, most of them.

Marcie slid down the fireman's pole and went to the coffee station, wanting another cup before she headed out. As she was making herself a cup, she could hear Hanson and Penhall's little conversation. Hanson was asking Doug why he was sending out two-hundred valentines when he had Dorothy.

"I gotta plan for the future." Doug said.

"But you're gonna get together, do something special for Valentine's Day, right?" Hanson inquired.

"Uh-she's with her parents this week," Doug replied. "How about you? You going out with Amy?"

"Well, we had a little disagreement. I hate Valentine's Day."

"Or was it that you're just too cheap and you break up with her before the holiday so you won't have to buy no present?" Doug asked, being silly

"Oh, no, no. I hate Valentine's Day." Hanson replied adamantly.

Wow, he really hates Valentine's Day, Marcie thought.

"Hey, Ioke! Marcie! You guys got dates?"

"Well, there's this great girl I just met, but it seems a little too serious to leap into a Valentine's Day date," Harry replied as Marcie walked closer to the group.

"She blew you off, huh?" Doug asked.

"Basically," Harry answered, causing Marcie to giggle.

"You got a date?" Hanson asked, looking at Marcie.

She widened her eyes. Things between them had pretty much gone back to normal after the whole Russell Buckins thing.

"No," she answered slowly. But there's a Valentine's sale at Merry Go Round, so I thought I'd check it out."

Hanson simply nodded.

Luckily, this semi-awkward interaction was cut short as Judy came down the steps, in an adorable pink dress with matching heart-shaped earrings that Marcie had helped her pick out.

"Hey." Doug greeted her.

"You, uh, spending the night alone too, Jude?" Harry asked.

"Actually, I just threw this on to go to the gym," Judy said sarcastically. "Don't make such a big deal of it. I'm just going out to dinner." Judy suddenly seemed a bit bashful. It was cute. Marcie smiled at her friend. She deserved to go out and have fun.