𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐠𝐲𝐦 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐬

CAPTAIN FULLER CALLED ALL OF THE OFFICERS INTO THE MAIN area for this case. He wanted the whole team working on this one, as it seemed to be an issue regarding various athletes at this particular high school.

"It seems that many of the kids who participate in sports at this school are taking steroids, hoping to increase their activity levels," Fuller explained to his officers, who were listening intently. "Unfortunately, the situation has gotten so out of hand, that a young gymnast had to lose her life."

He pulled out a file on the young girl and handed it to Harry, who passed it around to the rest of them. Marcie felt her heart sink. This girl had a bright future, she was on her way to the state championships for gymnastics.

"So are you sending us all in as jocks?" She asked.

"No, I'm only sending in Hoffs and Penhall. You three will investigate the gyms in the area. Hoffs, Penhall, come with me."

The Captain walked away, Judy and Doug following him close behind. Marcie watched them go, unsure of how she felt about having to work with Tom. At least Harry would be there to buffer.

"So, who's car are we going in?" Hanson asked, looking at Harry and Marcie.

Marcie scoffed. "Are you asking me that on purpose because I don't have a car?" She folded her arms.

"Actually I forgot, but I guess you can take it however you want."

Marcie made a mocking face at him

"You know what, we'll take my car," Harry said quickly, not wanting to deal with their banter.

Hanson and Marcie followed him outside.

"Fine, but I call shotgun." Marcie remarked.

"Not if I get there first!" Hanson said as he began to run to the parking lot.

Oh, no you don't.

Marcie began to chase him, trying to get there first, but he was fast. He made it to the passenger door, smacking it with his hand. "I win."

Marcie put her hands on her hips. "That's not fair, you had a head start."

"Doesn't matter, I got here first."

"Harry!"

Harry sighed. This was going to be a long day.

━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━

The three of them made it to Olympic Fitness, somehow. Marcie had lost the fight and was forced to sit in the back, much to her dismay. She was still pouting and looking out the window when they arrived. Hanson had found this extremely amusing for some reason. Marcie caught him smiling in the side mirror once, attempting to hide it poorly by covering his mouth with his hand.