𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

AFTER ALL THE CRAZY DECISIONS SHE HAD MADE in the past two days, Marcella decided taking a cab to the chapel would not be one of them. Actually, she hadn't told any of her friends she was coming, except Judy, who she had told just as her train pulled into the station.

Marcella was close enough to her friends that she could spring something like this on them last minute, and they wouldn't mind. They were always there for her. Especially Judy Hoffs. She and Judy had been best friends when Marcella had been on the team. Because she was the only other girl, they had become closest to eachother, and Marcella had warmed up to her the quickest. She was the first member that she had been introduced to, and before she knew it they were shopping at the local mall for "teenage clothes" that they could keep in their costume department for undercover purposes. Judy was a beautiful girl, with dark skin and gorgeous curly hair. She had the personality to match her looks, and Marcella truly believed she was the smartest of the group.

Marcella sat at the bench outside, waiting for Judy to arrive. She had been so happy when she had heard the news, and was excited to surprise the rest of the guys with it later. Marcella sighed thinking about the rest of the team. She missed them so much.

After she had met Judy, she had been introduced to Doug Penhall. Oh, Doug. Marcella grinned just thinking about him. Doug was a big guy, tall and muscular. He had a mullet, but it suited him very well. He was the class clown, always making jokes and being very loud. Marcella had thought she would find him annoying, and sometimes she did, but he was more like a brother to her. Their fights were never serious, only the usual playful banter. He was incredibly loyal and Marcella was glad he was on their side.

And then there was Harry Ioki. How could anyone not like Harry? Harry was a Japanese guy, very skilled in martial arts and combat. He was organized, sweet, and respectful and Marcella got along with him very well. As did everyone else. He had a silly side as well, and was known to be a bit sarcastic sometimes when he wanted to be. Marcella and him had a good friendship, and he always gave her good advice when she needed it.

Marcella couldn't believe how different she felt about Jump Street now, compared to how she felt at the beginning. Aside from the job itself being unassuming to her, making friends was the last thing she had wanted to do. But now, here she was, going back to them. And she couldn't be happier.

Suddenly, she was snapped from her thoughts by a loud honk. Upon seeing where the sound had come from, she grinned widely and jumped to her feet. A very familiar green convertible pulled up in front of her bench, and out stepped her best friend in the whole world, who she had missed dearly.

"MARCIE!" Judy shrieked, running to where Marcella had been standing and engulfing her in a tight embrace.

"Jude," she whispered softly, as she held back her tears. She couldn't believe she was actually hugging her right now. It was almost too good to be true. "I missed you so much."

"Oh, Marcie," Judy said in that lovely voice of hers. "I missed you too. We all did."

Marcella sighed contentedly, both at her words and at the nickname. She had received it not long after joining Jump Street. One day, Judy had called her that casually, and it just stuck. Everyone began referring to her as "Marcie," even Jenko. Eventually she had began to refer to herself by that name as well. When she left and joined a new team, her walls had gone back up, and her old name did as well. Marcella hadn't wanted anyone to address her the way her family had, it was too special to her. But now, she had left all that behind, along with her full name. She was glad to be Marcie again.

━ •❃°•°❀°•°❃• ━

"So, tell me everything," Judy said, as they drove back to the chapel. "What are you doing here? Why did you quit? What other crazy decisions have you made that you aren't telling me?"